Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any ideas on the last two standing in the NBA? I got the dudes from Jersey (Nets) and those 2 TIME BACK TO BACK CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS going head to head.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
My Celtics just put a beating on the T'Wolves.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
I actually think the Celtics might come out of the East. And if Milwaukee can even make the playoffs, they can end up being the dark horse if they get their act together. As for the West...that's an obvious one. Gotta show the love for my Lakers. Dallas doesn't have enough playoff experience to make it and that's gonna become blatantly obvious as the playoffs progress. Sacto needs homecourt in order to win and I can very easily see a team coming into Arco and winning one and eventually stealing the series away from them. Aside from LA, the Spurs, IMO, are the only ones who have a legitimate shot. But the Lakers have been absolutely sleeping through the entire season and they'll turn it up about 10 notches come this weekend...I hope.;)

BTW, did anyone catch the Lakers game last night against Seattle? Shaq did probably the sickest crossover I've ever seen a big man do. This thing was so pure...not like the palming you see nowadays with all the young guns ala Iverson and gang.

·
Registered
223 Posts
LAKERS for the 3-peat

Yes, Lakers will step it up when the playoffs start! The real battle is for the West, because regardless of who comes out of the East, the West is just too strong! The Celtics are looking good as of late and I think they can surprise a lot of teams. I could see them and the Lakers in the championship...just like in the 80's. That would be sweet!

·
Registered
248 Posts
go ny go ny go!

....not this year though...:(

I would also say NJ nets, since I am origianlly from NJ, and lakers or kings outta the west.

but its gonna be the west team fo sure :)

b

·
Registered
142 Posts
the east is w i d e open..

I really don't think anyone can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series..

But the playoffs are gonna be crazy this year!!!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Acurate420 said:
Kings vs Pistons!
I hate Jon Barry.
Dude just has this arrogance about him that I find extremely annoying.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Always have and will be a Laker fan, but the Kings match up well against them. They simply smother Shaq everytime he gets the ball.

I'm interested in seeing how the West bracket ends up. Right now its:

1. Kings
2. Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Dallas

Assuming these four win the first round, I think it means that second round is:

1. Kings vs. 4. Dallas

3. Lakers vs. 2. Spurs

If that's the case, I think Lakers will easily destroy the Spurs. Dallas can take the Kings to 7 games, leaving the winner more fatigued when/if the face the Lakers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
E K said:
Always have and will be a Laker fan, but the Kings match up well against them. They simply smother Shaq everytime he gets the ball.

I'm interested in seeing how the West bracket ends up. Right now its:

1. Kings
2. Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Dallas

Assuming these four win the first round, I think it means that second round is:

1. Kings vs. 4. Dallas

3. Lakers vs. 2. Spurs

If that's the case, I think Lakers will easily destroy the Spurs. Dallas can take the Kings to 7 games, leaving the winner more fatigued when/if the face the Lakers.
Yeah I think thats how it will end up...

The lakers shouldnt have any problems as long as the roleplayers step up.. We know Horry and Fisher bring it in the playoffs.. The only thing that worries me is Rick Fox and the Sorry season he is having..

If he doesn't produce in the playoffs, I say we send him back to Boston with Jose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts