Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes thats right, everyone needs at least seven cars. Bonus points if at least half of them are multicolored or primer colored!:rofl:

This is my new 91 integra. I just picked it up for $500. It has a completely dead cylinder but i was still able to drive it 40 miles home. The cylinder is filled with oil and has 0 compression so its either got a broken ring or a hole in the piston.

Lucky for me, for anyone following my previous civic build, I have a great condition B18a1 from a 91 Integra sitting in my garage already, that I paid $200 for.

Car - $500
Engine - $200
Total so far - $700

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
So, what's the Teg gonna get? lol

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Nice combo find, my nephew is a huge fan of integra's it will be cool to see what you do to it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
picking up my new 93 DA with a 1st gen b16. obd1. ls trans. greddy sp1 exhaust (wanna buy it?) and aem cold air (probably sellin that too)

awesome.. now we're teg buddies as well as... those emails.. haha

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice score! I hate those damn auto seat belts though!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good... second and last pics are worthless tho :p.

-Matt
Yeah i know :( i just got home with it and the light was fading. Got one pic off before my phone needed a 10 min recharge to take more and it was too dark

Maybe you can smash all these cars together into one awesome super-car. I'll get the hammer...
You are so close, you don't even realize. I am building Voltron, bitches!

picking up my new 93 DA with a 1st gen b16. obd1. ls trans. greddy sp1 exhaust (wanna buy it?) and aem cold air (probably sellin that too)

awesome.. now we're teg buddies as well as... those emails.. haha
I doubt i could afford anything greddy or AEM.. Obviously im a quantity over quality kind of guy:bigok: Glad you mentioned that email, was a little worried with no response:giggle:

nice DA9, is it 5spd
Nah its an auto. Ive got an extra auto tranny and an extra cable tranny as well but with the cost of a clutch and finding a pedal assemby, im going to work on getting it to the 225HP mark - thats where the autos grenade - and the body first.

So, what's the Teg gonna get? lol
Well, I think im going to work on the interior/exterior a little first, as soon as i swap the motor. Ill do that either tomorrow or friday depending on the weather. Its got manual windows and manual locks.. I haven't decided if i should swap them for autos? It saves quite a bit of weight have them manual and they don't ice up as often..

What do you guys think??? Convert to power windows/locks? convert one? neither? Input wanted.

Ive never had an import coupe before and with so many different light and body kit choices, Im worried I may rice it up if i don't get input on choices first..

Since the car is auto and I want torque down low, Im probably going to have the head ported and run the T3/T4 turbo I originally got for my civic. Its relatively small and from the turbo graphs ive been researching it should spool very quickly and put torque right where the automatic wants it.

The crazy thing about this build, is that i am going to tune it ( at least to begin with) 100% southern style.. That means staying OBD0, ordering the different $10 jun/spoon chips off ebay, throwing in 320cc prelude injectors, and using an aquarium valve for some boost control. ( Did i mention I actually got 2 of these motors for that $200? Im dead set on blowing up at least one of them!!) Its a lot more doable then it sounds though, since these cars still use distributors, its not like tuning the legend.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
haha sorry about that. was out the door when i checked it.

everything looks nice. haha

but yeah.. integra.. diggin it. haha

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Hah, nice addition to Voltron (though by my count you've got a couple extra limbs ...)

Seems like you need to have a couple of 30s or 40s rat rods in the mix though :dunno:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hah, nice addition to Voltron (though by my count you've got a couple extra limbs ...)

Seems like you need to have a couple of 30s or 40s rat rods in the mix though :dunno:
Second car i ever tried to build was a 53 chevy (same as late 40s chevy). I was 17 and put every dime i had into it. Had a decent 305 with a 350 turbo trans ready to drop in.. Dropped it in... Realized the driveshaft on pre55 chevys is actually encased in a shell that is filled with oil.. You can not match up a pre 55 chevy to an after 55 motor. You have to cut the rear leaf springs off and weld in new perches and get a rear end from a 79-86 cutlass or GM equivalent, or just got a 12 bolt and have custom length axles made... Seriously that was one of the worst days of my life when i found that out. I had spent all fucking summer with bondo and an orbital sander. My garage had a pink tint to it for months.

My voltron is anatomically correct with a civic sized cock.:rofl:

Turns out - my title is a sham. 6 cars apparently, is enough. That is the point when the neighbors start calling you and saying get rid of something or we'll have the court do it.:(

That means its the end of the Taurus SHO. The way that car is put together is just too fucking stupid. Half of it is metric and half of it is SAE. The motor is bitchin but everything else is Ford Non-Truck and therefore, garbage.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
That means its the end of the Taurus SHO. The way that car is put together is just too fucking stupid. Half of it is metric and half of it is SAE. The motor is bitchin but everything else is Ford Non-Truck and therefore, garbage.
+1, but the cupholder's are useful lol.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Second car i ever tried to build was a 53 chevy (same as late 40s chevy). I was 17 and put every dime i had into it. Had a decent 305 with a 350 turbo trans ready to drop in.. Dropped it in... Realized the driveshaft on pre55 chevys is actually encased in a shell that is filled with oil.. You can not match up a pre 55 chevy to an after 55 motor. You have to cut the rear leaf springs off and weld in new perches and get a rear end from a 79-86 cutlass or GM equivalent, or just got a 12 bolt and have custom length axles made... Seriously that was one of the worst days of my life when i found that out. I had spent all fucking summer with bondo and an orbital sander. My garage had a pink tint to it for months.
Argh :snipe:

Though I suppose that goes quite a way in explaining your current lack of patience for body work :lol:

My voltron is anatomically correct with a civic sized cock.:rofl:
Heh, I was thinking that, but I thought (since "6 cars is never enough") you were up to seven now, in which case you would still have one extra!

Turns out - my title is a sham. 6 cars apparently, is enough. That is the point when the neighbors start calling you and saying get rid of something or we'll have the court do it.:(

Damn, offer them the SHO in exchange for slack in the future :thumbsup:

You really need to post up some more pictures of all these cars. We've got the civic and the teg, but I'm curious to see the T-Birds :yes:

·
B.K.A Runa
1,289 Posts
I miss my okd teggy. I wonder if B+O remember mine

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You really need to post up some more pictures of all these cars. We've got the civic and the teg, but I'm curious to see the T-Birds :yes:
Im down to one T-bird :( I traded my built HO one for this stupid SHO that cant make it 3 miles without dropping an axle.

71 T-bird
91 civic
91 teg
92 legend
95 legend
93 SHO
95 Explorer

The T-bird is BURIED in my garage, has been for like 6 years. Ever since i got it painted then immediately whacked the quarter panel. It takes up my entire garage since its 19.5 feet long and 8 feet wide. Its more of a boat really. 6mpg whoohoo!

Argh :snipe:

Though I suppose that goes quite a way in explaining your current lack of patience for body work :lol:
im glad you've noticed my disdain for it!! yes this is exactly the reason why I hate bodywork/wont do it. I used a respirator but i still managed to get a mouthful of pink bondo dust every few minutes.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Im down to one T-bird :( I traded my built HO one for this stupid SHO that cant make it 3 miles without dropping an axle.
I'd forgotten about that ... damn.

The T-bird is BURIED in my garage, has been for like 6 years. Ever since i got it painted then immediately whacked the quarter panel. It takes up my entire garage since its 19.5 feet long and 8 feet wide. Its more of a boat really. 6mpg whoohoo!
I've got to admit, I was tempted to throw the term "land yacht" out there when we were talking about big block engines :p

With the size of those things I'd be impressed if you only managed to whack the quarter panel once on the way home from the paint shop ;)

im glad you've noticed my disdain for it!! yes this is exactly the reason why I hate bodywork/wont do it. I used a respirator but i still managed to get a mouthful of pink bondo dust every few minutes.
You just needed a tube of blue catalyst (I somehow ended up with a tube once :dunno:). Break up the color monopoly a bit :rofl:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:rofl: I actually didn't mind the garages new paint scheme at the time, but that was when i was 17 and living at my parents house.. For some reason they did not appreciate having a pink washer and dryer, pink bycicles, pink yard tools, etc etc. It was kind of like that Dr. Seuss book.. I cant remember which one but it had a sea of pink that overtook everything:giggle:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.