Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'hood Garage
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if they have baby seats that look like racing seats?

Wife is three months pregnant by the way.

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
LOL. This is going to sound like I'm being a dick, but seriously I'm not: You should be more concerned with the seat's ability to protect your kid when the worst happens, not concerned with how it looks.

Amazon.com has some good selections and reviews, check them out. And some of them do look good, all things considered.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
For infant seats you need special rear facing seats and there is no race looking seat. So, until your baby reaches at least 1 year old and is of proper weight and age to fit in a forward facing booster seat don't worry about it. After that though you can get a Recarro Start booster seat. While it looks sort of like a racing seat it is very highly rated for safety as well so it is not all show. I have one for my 1+ year old son myself. It is pricey at aboput $300 though and comes with built in speakers in the headrest. It is also made with an aluminum frame as opposed to plastic like everyone else so it is a little heavier than normal. Not bad, about 25 lbs vs 10-15 lbs as standard.

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
WoooHoo congrats to you my boy and a Xtra Special Happy Holidays too ya.
As for car seats for my first born I spent a little over $200 on this black all leather Eddie Bauer car seat from Babys R Us. Its really nice and racy looking. Only thing tho as Ive been and still am going thru the babyseat thing. Babys are messy and will get the car seat very very very dirty. So something easy to clean might be something you want also. At least easier to clean then real leather. I dont have time to clean my own leather on my car or house Im gonna have time to do a leather treatment on a car seat (ya right) . I would perhaps suggest a model that the vinyl or cloth or whatever material is covering the car seat is very easy removable and easy to reassemble and most most important MACHINE WASHABLE!!!

·
'hood Garage
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey duck I fully understand where your coming from, I didn't take any offense to it it's true. Safety first.
I was looking for a more stylish seat for the Legend 'cause the "easy to clean" seat will be in my wifes car.
I only drive my Leg on weekends and to car shows.

My wife works at a hospital and says that when your leaving with your newborn they give you an infant babyseat for free. So I'll take that and get the recaro for over 30lbs.
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/seat/child.asp

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
they gave you a baby seat for free? where in brooklyn do they gave a baby seat for free? even if they do give it to you they charge your insurance company some outrageous figure. they are going to watch you install the car seat and put your child in it before you leave the hospital with the baby. they do have racing seats but they are for kids 2+ years or 30 lbs. or more. no matter how much you try to keep your car and the seat clean by the time they can hold thier own bottle and have enough strength to toss it, your interior will be hurting. on a side note make sure whatever insurance you have is on the bill before you leave. it is a common thing for hospitals to claim no insurance even when you do have it so they can send the bill to a claims company make you pay it and then send a bill to your health provider essentially getting paid twice. it is what they tried to do to me and my wide and i have heard other people say the same thing. good luck and congrats.

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
May I make a suggestion I was just reflecting back on the last 3 years of the interior of my Legend ...and if I had a chance to do it all over again ....I think I would have Saran Wrapped the entire interior for the last 3 years. Then when I got the new car and the kids travel in the new one now I could have tooken off the saran wrap and had new freaking car smell. This is actually sounding like a good idea to me right about now ...or at least a Heavy Duty plastic strip on the rear floor area....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.