Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I do to stop from rubbing in back ? Can I put something in shock or raise ?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Questions:
  1. Stock or oversized tires and wheels?
  2. When did start happening?
  3. High mileage on suspension?

·
Registered
94 Legend Coupe LS
3 Posts
I needa know too. I got new normal 16" wheels and tires in August. Ever since then she screeches when I turn. I even tried to slow it down to check but still does it. Seems to only do it with a lil weight in the back. Either a small 13 year old girl or 2 24pks of soda. I had 2 12" subs in trunk and thought that was it so i took them out and put one 12". She still doing it. She's stiff when I push her down on the back so don't think its the shocks and struts but I could be wrong. I was told to fold the fender lip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 13535 What can I do to stop from rubbing in back ? Can I put something in shock or raise ?
Are those wheels and/or tires new to your Legend? I’m guessing your wheel and tire combo is new and it’s rubbing somewhere. You should be able to see where the wheel and/or tire is rubbing. Yep, it can be the wheel rubbing on the suspension or brake hose or the tire rubbing on the fender lip. An old school way of solving fender lip rub is to use a wooden bat for leverage and carefully rolling the fender lip away from the tire. Your passenger side rear wheel looks like it might be too far back and toe out, which might be bent or bad suspension component (or suspension mounting point). Does the driver’s side rear wheel look the same (set rearward, small rear fender to tire clearance)? Cars driven where they salt the roads often have rust damaged suspension and suspension mounts after a dozen years or so.

Legend94122, formerly pchu
1993 Acura Legend 5 speed 212k odo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts