Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn J. LO now this....

heard on MTV that Faith Evans will sign w/ Arista and 112 is signed w/ Def Jam... Wow the infamous P.Diddy has fell off.. That what he gets for letting Shyne take on for the team..

P.Diddy.. You reap what you sow...

I like the joint he has out w/ Usher the beat is hittn'.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Bad Boy's BEEN done.

Every year isnt 1997.... :)

I think he may have to return some of the stuff he bought for his crib. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G.Dep Special Delivery beat is hot... But he can't hold up the Lable.. Neither can Banco Pop..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Damn J. LO now this....

heard on MTV that Faith Evans will sign w/ Arista and 112 is signed w/ Def Jam... Wow the infamous P.Diddy has fell off.. That what he gets for letting Shyne take on for the team..

P.Diddy.. You reap what you sow...

I like the joint he has out w/ Usher the beat is hittn'.
Yeah i didn't like how he played Shyne PO:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
jose3030 said:
Bad Boy's BEEN done.

Every year isnt 1997.... :)

hahahahahaha

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
OK OK OK, I gotta speak up now. I worked at Bad Boy from 1996 until december of 2001 and I must say that the company isnt what it use to be because throughout the years, puff had lost his focus on what was important. He's still a very successful person but what went wrong with bad boy is that he took a little label that only empoyed about 20-30 people in the beginning into a label that had anywhere up to 200 employees and with growth, something like that is necessary but where he went wrong was allowing other people to take control of the label rather than he handle it himself. Puff decided to become the star of the label rather than let the other artist get their talents across. He put too much time and money into his projects and when it came time to work on other projects, the ambition wasnt there. I can honestly say that working at bad boy since I was 16 was a very very important point in my life because I got to soak up his mistakes and his success. I respect puff to the fullest as far as his business savy is concerned but on certain points of his carrer I just wondered what he was thinking. As far as Shyne is concerned, I personally knew Shyne, I hung out with Shyne and Shyne once wanted me to work directly for him but I chose not to because this was during the trial and watching him fold like that and not having Puff pick him up really made me look at puff differently. As far as J.Lo, all I can say is sh!t happens and whether its a dancer that takes your girl or a multi millionaire, there was something that puff couldn't give her that the other dude could and that was time. And also Jennifer is the type of person who wants to have total control of a relationship but that wasnt happening. I know things arent great for bad boy at this time but look at def jam, they were on a slump for about 4 to 5 years and who was the person who helped them get back on top, DMX and who helped put DMX out there, Puff did. All I know is that puff has something up his sleves and within the next year or so, he'll be back as strong as before. I've worked for puff personally and directly under his guide and he knows what he's doing as far as business is concerned but he needs to learn how to get himself out of the limelight and let the other artist shine while he shows them the way like he did with Mary and Jodeci. Sorry for the long post but I just cant let someone talk about my former boss like that being that I know the type of person he is and what he's about. Peace.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow I use to work for trackmasters ENT. when THE FIRM album was out... Record CO's some dont know what the hell is going on...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Triton3K said:
OK OK OK, I gotta speak up now. I worked at Bad Boy from 1996 until december of 2001 and I must say that the company isnt what it use to be because throughout the years, puff had lost his focus on what was important. He's still a very successful person but what went wrong with bad boy is that he took a little label that only empoyed about 20-30 people in the beginning into a label that had anywhere up to 200 employees and with growth, something like that is necessary but where he went wrong was allowing other people to take control of the label rather than he handle it himself. Puff decided to become the star of the label rather than let the other artist get their talents across. He put too much time and money into his projects and when it came time to work on other projects, the ambition wasnt there. I can honestly say that working at bad boy since I was 16 was a very very important point in my life because I got to soak up his mistakes and his success. I respect puff to the fullest as far as his business savy is concerned but on certain points of his carrer I just wondered what he was thinking. As far as Shyne is concerned, I personally knew Shyne, I hung out with Shyne and Shyne once wanted me to work directly for him but I chose not to because this was during the trial and watching him fold like that and not having Puff pick him up really made me look at puff differently. As far as J.Lo, all I can say is sh!t happens and whether its a dancer that takes your girl or a multi millionaire, there was something that puff couldn't give her that the other dude could and that was time. And also Jennifer is the type of person who wants to have total control of a relationship but that wasnt happening. I know things arent great for bad boy at this time but look at def jam, they were on a slump for about 4 to 5 years and who was the person who helped them get back on top, DMX and who helped put DMX out there, Puff did. All I know is that puff has something up his sleves and within the next year or so, he'll be back as strong as before. I've worked for puff personally and directly under his guide and he knows what he's doing as far as business is concerned but he needs to learn how to get himself out of the limelight and let the other artist shine while he shows them the way like he did with Mary and Jodeci. Sorry for the long post but I just cant let someone talk about my former boss like that being that I know the type of person he is and what he's about. Peace.
Word i feel u but like i mentioned and u mentioned, How he let Shyne down was messed up, that tells me that he's a guy that u can't really 100% trust, soemone that u always have to have a third eye open for...... i'm still trying to believe what Mase said about why he's giving everything up, maybe he didn't really like the way the Industry did things na mean? And as far as J HOE goes....OOOOPS did i say that?:D i never did figure what the fasination about her was:confused: GIVE ME TYRA BANKS, SALMA HYACK ANYDAY!!!!:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey Hate me now, I feel you 100% on the Shyne situation and truthfully you have to keep a third eye open for everyone whether its in the music business or in other situations. It did bother me to see that Puff didnt try to help him out but what can I do about it? Also with Mase, its a really long story to lead into him leaving the business but we can get into that another time, and as far a J.Lizzo, when i first saw her at a studio, i was like everyone wants that, but she's not really all that fine, i've seen girls out here that look much better than her and have nicer assess. We were out in the Hamptons one weekend with Puff and me and her had a short but good conversation because she use to live not too far from where I currently live.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Triton3K said:
Hey Hate me now, I feel you 100% on the Shyne situation and truthfully you have to keep a third eye open for everyone whether its in the music business or in other situations. It did bother me to see that Puff didnt try to help him out but what can I do about it? Also with Mase, its a really long story to lead into him leaving the business but we can get into that another time, and as far a J.Lizzo, when i first saw her at a studio, i was like everyone wants that, but she's not really all that fine, i've seen girls out here that look much better than her and have nicer assess. We were out in the Hamptons one weekend with Puff and me and her had a short but good conversation because she use to live not too far from where I currently live.
YO WORD

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Triton3K said:
a friend of mine from back home in Boston used to date her when she was like 13-14...

·
Registered
167 Posts
BAD BOYS been dead.. since Biggie got erased by ???????

On a different note... the X-Ecutioners album is TIGHT!

number 2 is one of my favs along with track 11 with Linkin Park, bunch of other songs on there r sick too though.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
deactivateurhate said:
BAD BOYS been dead.. since Biggie got erased by ???????

On a different note... the X-Ecutioners album is TIGHT!

number 2 is one of my favs along with track 11 with Linkin Park, bunch of other songs on there r sick too though.
Yeah back to the X-Men:D i'm diggin some of the scratch tracks, i like the people they got to ryme on their album, i like the Tom Tom club with Biz and the skits are a Trip:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I heard somewhere that Suge Knight is working on trying to get Shyne out of jail, now thats gonna open up another can of worms...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
LGNDPRINCE said:
I heard somewhere that Suge Knight is working on trying to get Shyne out of jail, now thats gonna open up another can of worms...
doesn't suge have to get himself out of Jail first:D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:

Believe he is out...remember they did a story on him on VH1 couple of months ago
Boy i wish some dude would have come at me the way he did to Vanilla Ice:mad: I would have been shure i'll sign....then SPLAT pen all up in his eyeball!:mad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I really dont see why people still get caught up with Suge, they should have learned their lesson by now..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts