Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there was a thread similar to this but im not sure if its the same problem so here it goes.

about 3 days ago i went out to my car and the clutch was really easy to push and didnt come back up. it happend overnight, it was fine now overnight its hard to put into reverse and it grinds the gears. the clutch only lets up a little ways from the bottom. im not sure whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
check that reservoir next to the black box under the hood. chances are, it's low or even empty. now follow the pipes and hoses down to your clutch master cylinder for leaks. then frm the clutch m/c to your tranny.

find leak. replace part. hope you have small, flexible hands :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Clutch doesn't just suddently become low on fluid.
You have a leak in the clutch hydraulic system and you need to get it fixed.
Much cheaper and easier that to replace clutch or transmission which you will have to do if you don't fix this!

·
Registered
650 Posts
guess my next question would be how to bleed the clutch system.
You need 2 people.

Person 1 sits in the driver's seat and holds the pedal down, while person 2 cracks open the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. The fluid will squirt out while person 1 feels the pedal sink to the floor. DO NOT RELEASE PEDAL! Person 2 must close the bleeder valve, then person 1 can release the pedal. Usually, person 1 will have to reach down and pull the pedal back up at this point, because there is no fluid pressure to push it up. Then you repeat the process until no more air bubbles are seen coming out of the bleeder valve, or just do it about 15 times, and that'll clear it for sure.

Pointer: If person 1 pushes really hard on the pedal when the bleeder is being cracked open, and you force the fluid out quickly, it will do a better job at getting the air out. This is called 'surge bleeding', and works better for obvious reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.