Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since my mom bought that car in 1991 she's used Premium gas. Mostly BP/Amoco fuels. But now they have added something called invigorate. And it's supposed to help you get better gas mileage. But now it seems that like my car's performance is slipping. I mean I dunno. Maybe it's the gas but I was trying to go and my legend seemed more sluggish than normal. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
try buying your gas from another gas station and see if it helps.

I had problems with my engine knocking. I switched to another gas station and it stopped. I stopped buying gas from the first place and guess what, my engine has never knocked again.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea that would be something different to try! But i dunno. I don't really think I need a tune up but I might need some new O2 sensors b/c my car is burning gas like a mofo!

·
Registered
649 Posts
o2 sensor going bad does not necessarily mean bad performance, but it does play a factor. you may need a little performance upgrade as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno it might be one of the smaller ones like kwiki mart or something. As long as your using premium

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
if its anything like methanol id blame the gas. especially if the change was immediately noticeable. there are hundreds of other factors it could be though....

in addendum: BP Invigorate

should tell you a bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts