Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a couple of other people talking about how the Legends generally have a bad rear trans mount after a few years or so, and it makes loud clunks when shifting into reverse and some others i think. I've noticed that I'm having this problem, a loud thud between certain gears, so I assume that it's the rear trans mount. I've never messed with trannys, is this something I can fix myself? Or do I need to take it somewhere?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
sorry cant help you on the bad tranny mount, but the rough 1-2 shift is a Honda quirk. they all do it, my mom's 95 GS my 94 L and my friends 2002 accord. all have a rough 1-2 shift. dont know why, they just do get used to it
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ok, so I don't need a new tranny, whew. Thanks again guys. But this is still not cool, cause it feels like i'm going from first to third.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
HurricaneLegend said:
I've heard a couple of other people talking about how the Legends generally have a bad rear trans mount after a few years or so, and it makes loud clunks when shifting into reverse and some others i think. I've noticed that I'm having this problem, a loud thud between certain gears, so I assume that it's the rear trans mount. I've never messed with trannys, is this something I can fix myself? Or do I need to take it somewhere?
with a Helms manual, I think you should be able to do it...we had a member on here do his just a couple of weeks ago... (check the P/T section)the part is not too expensive (<$165) Labor is where they may try you. I am going to need to do this on my sedan in a month or so...

·
Registered
744 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe

your not going to have a problem, so long as you can get up underneath her.

I was at the dealer and witnessed the Acura Mechanic remove the rear trans mount in litteraly 5 minutes TOPS. I watched him remove the cat cover, then the exhaust pipe where it connects to the back of the cat, and then he had clean access to the trans mount.

This repair action took me 30 minutes.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
This is a DIY if you can raise the vehicle high enough to get under. You need to disconnect the exhaust pipe from the CAT. You need a floor jack to transfer weight from the A/T. You should plan on ordering the two self-locking nuts, two bolts and two springs. Also buy the exhaust sealing gasket. The rear A/T mount a few yrs ago sold at discount for approx. $120. All the parts were under $150. Takes longer to lift the vehicle than to R&I the part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts