Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a port cut in the rear deck for my JL 12s right before my entire system got stolen. It cost me 110 bucks and helped a lot with all the rattling going on back there. Can't say it made a huge difference as far as bass.

-GR

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
:confused: :confused: You guys cut out your rear deck?:confused: :confused:

I always took that piece of leather behind the rear seat armrest and unclipped the metal clips, then folded it upwards and reclipped it so it was up and out of the way. That way, if you ever want to go back to stock. you can fold it back down where it's supposed to go. It does help.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't think you need to port it. Just leave it as it is. The bass will travel to the cabin loud enough. At least mine...........

·
Registered
191 Posts
luvmylegend said:
:confused: :confused: You guys cut out your rear deck?:confused: :confused:

I always took that piece of leather behind the rear seat armrest and unclipped the metal clips, then folded it upwards and reclipped it so it was up and out of the way. That way, if you ever want to go back to stock. you can fold it back down where it's supposed to go. It does help.
It depends on how hard your system hits. Mine was hitting so hard that it felt and sounded like it was tearing the hell out of the trunk and the air needed somewhere else to go. This not only took away from sound quality, it also caused many a rattle. This is why I decided to port my rear deck. As far as the piece of leather, that wouldn't do much cuz the armrest is still in the way when it's closed.

-GR

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
I always kept mine down, I had my VCR sitting forward right behind it. easier to reach back and change tapes ya know? :D

A good box would be a single sub box that was ported at the top. Have a piece of tubing run from the box, straight up to the center of the rear deck. Then used a speaker box port to make it look good on the topside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts