Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a problem with my battery, it keeps dying after sitting for 2 or more days without cranking the car. Two weeks ago I went out to change the oil and when I started to jack up the car, the fan came on. I didn't drive the car for a few days prior to that day. I'm thinking this might be the problem but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Also My front driver and rear passanger windows are the only 2 that will roll down now, this just happened out of the blue.....Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. :werd:

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
reemo_2001 said:
I got a problem with my battery, it keeps dying after sitting for 2 or more days without cranking the car. Two weeks ago I went out to change the oil and when I started to jack up the car, the fan came on. I didn't drive the car for a few days prior to that day. I'm thinking this might be the problem but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Also My front driver and rear passanger windows are the only 2 that will roll down now, this just happened out of the blue.....Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. :werd:
I had a similar problem where the battery would drain by morning and I had to jump everyday. Another forum member told me to remove my factory amp (I have an aftermarket stereo) and that solved the problem. If you are running an aftermarket stereo, you should disconnect your factory amp and see if it solves your problem.

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Go to Autozone or Advanced Auto or some auto parts store and have them check your alternator. It should be a free check. If its not your Alternator, your battery may be old enough that it cant hold a good enough charge or you may have shorts/grounding problems.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
AcuraFan19 said:
Go to Autozone or Advanced Auto or some auto parts store and have them check your alternator. It should be a free check. If its not your Alternator, your battery may be old enough that it cant hold a good enough charge or you may have shorts/grounding problems.
But if it was the alternator wouldnt it still die well driving, thats what happened in my moms old toyota, i would say it is a short draining it for sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.