Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run a heavy amp power wire (like 4 ga) from the battery to the trunk on a G1?

If so, what route did you take?

Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Run it along with the fuel lines... You have places to attach it to and you can go right in to the trunk through the gas tank access cover...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this something you have done? If so, did you put the power wire in some sort of protective sheething to protect it from the elements?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I haven't done it on my Legend... I'm not pulling that kind of power from my family car, but I have done it on other vehicles. The latest was my 1981 Toyota 4X4, which WAS used off road...

Yes, you want to use a wire with a thick rubber coating and possibly even use a plastic conduit.... You can use metal pipe, but that gets expensive... It will be easier on the legend as long as you don't have it loose and dragging... Make sure all connections are water proof too...

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey man this is what I did. I have an automatic so i drilled a hole in the clutch plate that cover for where the clutch should be. Then i sent the wire through there, it comes out right by the pedal. Then i tucked under the olastic and fed it into the fuse cabinet and pushed it back. Then took off door stills and ran it underneath where the carpet lifts up (its tight) then i just went up under the backseat side molding and behind the seat gaurd into the trunk. This is much easier than it sounds. You do have to remove the backseats but that is not complicated either.

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
I basically did what the citadel grad (sir) did without any drilling and I did it with 4 guage monster cable. I put it in through one of the access holes in the firewall behind the brake fluid reservoir then down under the carpet to the side by the drivers door. then back under the back seat to the amp in the trunk. I have 2 amps running and used a splitter block all gold rockford of course. I also have a really nice connector on the battery. When you run it next to the driver door you will need to stuff it as far into that little mess as much as possible then put the sills back on. When you run the RCA cables from the stereo either go up the middle or down the passenger side because if you run them next to the large battery cable you will get interference.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is good news Stealth. I too am going to be running a 4 ga wire.

A couple of questions for you........

Did you use a grommet in the firewall where you came in from the engine compartment?

Do you notice a "bump" in the carpeting from where the power wire is run?

What kind of battery connector did you use to connect both the 4 ga amp wire AND the positive lead for the motor to the battery?

-Thanks

Furball.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I went from the battery to the fire wall, there is a rubber price under the vaccume box in the engine bay, you can see it oval shaped, and if you go inside the car and look at the exact spot there will be 2 nuts holding it down, if you unscrew it and slip the wire through you will get it into the car, after that you bring the wire to the center console, then slip it all the way down the middle of the car, and at the rear seats theres no where you can hide the wire so you can just cover it with some wire loom for the fancy looks, and you pull out the rear seats then slip the wire into the trunk from the interior, and wala! amp wires.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah man that is pretty much what i did i ran 4 gauge and if your careful you wont have any bumps or signs in the floor or anywhere that you ran wire!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts