Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and girls :) ), the bay area has a new and interested member "Tushka". I have seen two posts in the last two days requiring info on SF bay area shops. You guys need to respond to her posts to show your true Legend dedication... that is if you have any :p . j/k , show some support and check out her last post . Holla!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good lookin out Pympdaddi :D

-GR

·
Registered
45 Posts
ahem... :D

pYmpdaddi, thank you! you've been more than nice answering my numerous questions [I have more though :confused:]. And yeah - I need information. I used to drive mostly german cars - amg, bmw and the coolest - 928... but they all had ummm... reliability issues. I always though that legends were beautiful cars so I got me one... first couple on months [and a couple of thousand $$ :eek:] went to restoring the car to decent working order. Now I am considering performance modifications and little niceties such us re-upholstering and changing radio equipment. So I do need advise :) Help! ;)

And I am not a girl!!! Tushkas is an Indian tribe in Oklahoma [which, as they would like to believe is OK]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tushka, my man :) , you are very welcome. As far as modifications to your ride, as scarface said,"the world is yours!" You can do virtually anything to your baby. It really depends on resources (da' cheddar) and desire. If, you're a millionaire, give me your legend and I'll do it up myself. But if you're a commoner like myself, then funds are most important. Based on what you want to spend now and which mods you want now, we can come to some common ground. As far as the mods most people make, you can look at the signatures of a lot of members and see what mods come up time and time again. These will be usually the following: rims, stereo + subs, clear lenses (corners + bumpers), springs and shocks. Other than those the rest is up to your style. Take a look at my sig to see what I've don, but remember I have had my Lege for over 4 years, so don't try and overhaul your legend in the first summer. Good luck and feel free to put questions on the board in a new post. If it has been covered, other members will point you to the threads that apply. Holla!!! :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts

Basically, I decided not to touch the stereo and the interior [although there tears on both front seats :(] since there is no telling how much this will cost [another consideration is that I really like the steering wheel stereo controls and if I change the head unit that will become useless]. Wheels [rims] seem to be a rather expensive proposition and the stock 16" with new unidirectional tires feel pretty competent so far... I am thinking about dropping the car about an inch but first things first.

So I am looking at two things: power and safety.

Legend is a rather large car and with an automatic I think it could use more power. I hear chips are of little help, so I am looking to modify the intake and exhaust - hence my looking for a performance Acura shop.

Fog lights are more of safety thing - it does get rather foggy around here. Plus the car is missing horn covers, so I figured rather than spending $50 on the covers I can spend $60 on the fog lights to put in their place and be a little safer when driving.

There are the reasons I bother you, guys, with the questions :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
tushka - in terms of adding power, do some searching of past posts on 'remus exhaust' and 'intake'. the remus exhaust is a little pricey, but *well* worth the money in terms of adding power and a nice sound to the engine as well. for intakes, if i remember correctly, weapon r and rs akimoto are the companies (that i remember, anyway) that make a specific intake for the legend. both of these will ad a noticible amount of power. good luck,

wally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts