Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to repaint my front bumper. I would love to have it paint before I go to Bay Area meeting. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
180 Posts
i live in santa clara, i have a air compressor, and we can run out and buy a air brush for it, and paint it our selves. They also have clear coats so it'll look professional.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lilboi tony said:
i live in santa clara, i have a air compressor, and we can run out and buy a air brush for it, and paint it our selves. They also have clear coats so it'll look professional.
oh really? that will be fantastic. How much will it cost to buy everything we need (including the paint)? Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
paint isn't that expensive, you just need to make sure you get the right color, meaning you would haft to probably mix to get your exact color which isn't so hard to do, i belive paint is only like 3 dollars for a little bottle of paint (which is about all you need). And i dont have a paint gun yet, but they go for under 30, i think i'll buy it, since i've been meaning to use it for other purposes.
let me know, if your up for the idea.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lilboi tony said:
paint isn't that expensive, you just need to make sure you get the right color, meaning you would haft to probably mix to get your exact color which isn't so hard to do, i belive paint is only like 3 dollars for a little bottle of paint (which is about all you need). And i dont have a paint gun yet, but they go for under 30, i think i'll buy it, since i've been meaning to use it for other purposes.
let me know, if your up for the idea.
alright, beside paint, what else do i need? also, how long will it takes to dry out the bumper? I live in Berkeley and you are in San Jose area. If it takes a day, then I can't just drive my car back home without bumper.

btw, have you try to paint anything yet? or this is your first time?

·
Registered
180 Posts
auctually, i live in santa clara, but its right next to sanjose, depending on where in sanjose your talking about, i belive san jose can be an hour away, or sometimes less. And no i have not tried yet, but i've heard goods about using an air brush. If you would like i can go out and buy the supplies ahead of time, so when you come early in the morning we can do it right away, and it would dry before night time, depending on how many coats you want. But i have school, and i get out at 2:15. im free on weekends, either way you want, i useally have nothing to do, so what evers best for you would work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
and also, i do alot of painting on my rc bodies, so i know most of the basic steps. We can paint some material similar to your bumper if you want to know the results, but how ever it turns out i think its better then paying for a professional paint job, which cost alot more then this method.

·
Registered
4 Posts
gAmEs0n said:

alright, beside paint, what else do i need? also, how long will it takes to dry out the bumper? I live in Berkeley and you are in San Jose area. If it takes a day, then I can't just drive my car back home without bumper.

btw, have you try to paint anything yet? or this is your first time?
Hey gAmEs0n check you Personal Message. I am located also located in berkeley.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lol

yo Paint is $200 ish here in NY at a prof. shop thaT MIX IT AND EVERYTHING. I would buy it mixed first.

Painting a car requires Time and Time. Strip the old paint,prime, and other coats.

PAint booth is a must for good job.

No dust flyning around.. Still air and some good temp to dry.

I hear the factory use "Baked paint job" something like dat.

Anyaways there is the Cheap MACO way $200 (paint will peel or rust in months. or the professional way!

PS <------------------never paint a car but saw it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts