Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a JET chip? Local shop quotes $207/279 for two stages. He talked to their rep when I was in the store and said that they could do G1s. (G2s too, I'm sure). Has anyone run this chip? Does it compare to Bayou (except for the sh!tty service)?

It sounds a lot more cost effective than the Bayou as the rep says it should give up to 25 hp. and about 25 ftlbs. That's more than bayou claimed and only about 60% of the cost.

Let me know and if I can get a Group Buy going, I will.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's about what I actually figured, but theres a lot of difference in 12 and 20. Its so difficult getting honest answers when your shopping for stuff like this. I'm may just skip it and put it towards the AEM standalone ECU that you can map yourself with a laptop.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
One 6-Speed Legend owner had his OEM ECU tunned by Jet, and they messed up his ECU and could never return it to original form. If I recall correctly, it basically dumped fuel at ceartain RPM range and fouled up a brand new set of NGK Platinum plugs. The owner bought a new ECU as a result, then turned the old ECU to Dinan who reprogramed it and installed the Dinan stage II chip (this was before Dinan sold the chip design to Bayou Performance). Anyway, it seems like Jet is not a good tuner for Honda ECUs, or they simply don't take the time to test it and put out something that works well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
YOU GUYS ARE REALLY KILLING MY HIGH!!!!!!!

After reading the unfortunate mishaps of dealing with Bayou Performance I have decided that I am not going to let them reprogram my ECU. I was going to purchase a chip from JET especially since sport compact car magazine had nothing but good things to say about them but, after reading the latest news I'm not gonna let them do it either. Just like Buk I was thinking about purchasing a stand alone ECU from AEM but, after talking to one of their reps he told me that if my car wasn't turbo charged or if it didn't have nos or if it didn't already have big horsepower numbers than the stand alone ECU which sell for over $1800 wouldn't do much justice for my car. Now I'm back to square one. Have any of you guys heard of a company called power chips? They claim to raise the G1s horsepower to 195 horses and increase the torque as well. The company is based in Australia. Boy I tell you. When it rains it pours. My next move is the E-manage system from Greddy. Its similar to the ECU from AEM but ALOT CHEAPER and its suppose to do the same things as the AEM ECU. It cost $380. It also plugs into the factory ECU and you need a lap top to program it and a significant amout of time on a dyno machine. If anyone can help us G1 owners we would greatly appreciate it. Bigs out.:(

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: YOU GUYS ARE REALLY KILLING MY HIGH!!!!!!!

Mr. Bigs said:
It also plugs into the factory ECU and you need a lap top to program it and a significant amout of time on a dyno machine. If anyone can help us G1 owners we would greatly appreciate it. Bigs out.:(
\

See if you can get in touch with Alexei. He has an aftermarket ECU on his 88 Legend Sedan that he can program different programs in via his laptop.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
RICDOGG said:
Venom 400?
Eric! you know better than to post trash modules like that:)

The Bayou chip is the best damn chip out there for our cars-i dyno proofed it.

if you write up a contract with willy and have him sign before you get your ECU chipped then whats the problem? he wont be able to scam u

OR
DO WHAT I DID

have him send you a chipped ECU first then send him the old one(it will require a deposit but-its peace of mind)

ive delt with him many times, hes always proven helpful.

Play smart
Play fair.

~Hybrid

1 - 17 of 17 Posts