Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I install this cihp, I'm curious to know exactly what it does.

Does it ONLY change your air/fuel mappings?

What other changes does it do? Any rev limitor changes?

Reason I'm concerned is because I"m thinking of also getting an APEXi SAFC which allows unlimited freedom in respect to changing the air/fuel mappings around. I'm concerend that both of these upgrades duplicate each other and it'll be a waste to have both of these upgrades.

Is there any advantage to running both at the same time or will a properly tuned SAFC do the same affect as a Stage II upgrade, if not, better as you can really fine tune it while you're on a dyno.

Is anyone running both?

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I run both

But what I'm trying to find out is without a chip, and just the SAFC alone and tuned on a dyno, would I be able to gain the same 7WHP that the chip delivers?

My impression is the chip only re-configures your fuel/air maps. If you only have the SAFC, then I'm sure you can tune it to do the same thing the chip does.

Does the chip do anything more than just fuel/air map reconfiguration?

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Dv8 said:
Ive never had a problem. the chip actually gains 7WHP and 9lbft on the dyno, the Safc was good for 3 lbft and 1 WHP TUNED

·
Registered
386 Posts
APEXi Super-AFC

As far as I know the Apexi-Super AFC only modifies the air and fuel mixture if you want to modify the timing Apexi also makes a Super-ITC this is an ignition timing control module it allows you to advance or retard the ignition timing for optimum performance. Both units cost in the neighborhood of $330 per unit. I plan to install both unit on my G1 Legend Coupe this summer. I am going to have them both tuned at the same time on a load bearing dyno to get the most reliable horsepower out of them. If you don't know what a load bearing dyno is it allows you to fine tune the Apexi Super-AFC and the Super-ITC while applying the load to the wheels. For more information Dave C can help he should be on this forum as well. Good Luck with your Apexi Super-AFC and let us all know how things work out.:D

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
The legends Timming is very tricky. it doesnt want to be messed with. its already as percise as it can be from the factroy and is constantly being reconfuigured by the ECU to accomadate your style of driving. the Chip modifys all three, air , fuel, and timming.
obiously the techs at dinan did a very good job on enhancing the chips timming

the afc only does fuel and air.

thats why the chip is nessasary to have before either.

there is no harm in buying the afc first and having it tuned to see what the yeild is in power, all i can tell you is that my gains are dynoed without the apexi just my boltons and the chip. the apexi added 1 Whp and 3lbft. the only problem then is you have to get the apexi tuned over again becouse you got the chip after.

dont even bother getting the itc for the g2 legend it wont yeild very much of anything.

~Hybrid

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Re: APEXi Super-AFC

Mr. Bigs said:
Apexi also makes a Super-ITC this is an ignition timing control module it allows you to advance or retard the ignition timing for optimum performance. D
The ITC is no longer listed on the Apex website. I remember one guy tried it and it wouldn't work right because of the Legends dual TDC and Cranck Position sensors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts