Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Lexus driver (who just bought the car from Longo Lexus about a month ago) was coming off the freeway right on his way to the service department and, according to his statement, hit the throttle instead of the brake as he started to turn into the gate. A Longo Lexus employee estimated that he was going at least 85mph when he hit the curb and, in turn, part of a guard rail and in some freaky way got the GS430 airborne!

All told Longo Lexus had 6 vehicles that were total losses and another 12 that will require various levels of repair. total damage is estimated at about 200k, not including the drivers car.

The biggest miracle, of course is that this happened at 12:30 on a Saturday afternoon, where no one was seriously injured or killed.

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/1/4/25/42710425YCbOgc_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/1/4/39/42710439ybzHKb_ph.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /storage/1/v3/1/4/25/42710425YCbOgc_ph.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.14 Server at loco.webshots.com Port 80

i would expect more from the Administrator :eek: :p

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha...Crap, my bad...Here ya go...

·
Registered
799 Posts
any way to get in touch with the dealer. I got a buddy looking for some "project cars" SERIOUSLY

·
Registered
799 Posts
Graeme,

you got a lot of money. buy those two wrecked is300's from their insurance co. and i'll pay you back

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok, I do feel for the guy who this happened too, but I gotta say the pictures look hillarious!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Holy Sh$t, i was just there thurs night with my friend picking up his new is300 5sp. They have this bet going on that longo lexus couldnt sell 600 cars in a month. My friend bought #600 and there were cameras all over and he got a real fat deal. BTW his is300 is 1 of 12 on the west coast with manual and navigation. The IS with navigations come with limited slip differential.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
sorry, couldn't resist

not to be funny,but from those pics looks like this guy is trying for the rumored new Knight Rider to be a Lexus instead of an Acura or Firebird...you know, that way Michael, Devon and Bonnie can all travel in luxury and style (damn hard seats in the firebird).

Hope everyone is ok

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I hope the driver wasnt hurt as well as for other people, but with that said, Thats some funny shiznit right there. Not the fact that the car lost control, but the pictures. I couldnt do nothing but laugh and I cant stop laughing. thats gotta be scary.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Glad no one got hurt........Was that dude intoxicated or something? Even if he did hit the gas, it would take a few seconds for it to get to 85mph.

Anyway,
Somebody find out which junkyard those cars are going to. I want the HID's outta one of 'em!

:D

Ghost

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Ghost said:
Glad no one got hurt........Was that dude intoxicated or something? Even if he did hit the gas, it would take a few seconds for it to get to 85mph.

Anyway,
Somebody find out which junkyard those cars are going to. I want the HID's outta one of 'em!

:D

Ghost
Depending if he was comming off the west exit, it's very possible. It's a short distance between the offramp and the enterance. It's like about 2-3 football fields between the begining of the ramp and the enterance..... that and nobody really slows down on that ramp anyway cuz it's so long.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.