Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok everyone votes are in. Bear Mountain is the selected location for the first annual Tri-State Legend meet of 2002. We need to start planning and coordinating for this meet.

I've thought of some things we can do while we are there. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

-BBQ
-A mini swap meet. Bring anything you want to sell or post anything you'd like to sell and make a deal there!
- If there is interest I can call someone who does a excellent job on ding removal. He was there at the last meet and many were satisfied with his work btw.
-Sports (huge field, basketball, football, ice skating etc)
- A nice high speed cruise up along the palisades
- Stereo contest? I brought my SPL meter last time to let people measure up their systems .
Any other ideas?

LODGING:
If anyone is coming from afar there is lodging available inside the park. I think doubles are $89/room? Might be cheaper but you'd have to call in and verify. The place is beautiful as many will atest.

DIRECTIONS:

Bear Moutain park is located about 50 miles north of New York City at the intersection of the Palisades Parkway and Route 9W. For those of you who have no clue as to where/what Bear Mountain is consult this site

http://www.hudsonriver.com/bearmtn.htm

If you want detailed driving directions use this link

MapQuest: Driving Directions
( http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...aps&2a=&2c=Bear Mountain&2s=NY&2z=10911&2y=US )

Put your address in and presto you've got directions to the park!

We have already had 2 meets there and the first meet drew about 25 Legends? So lets see if we can beat this number everyone! So lets get a roll call going as well.

-jon

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the record was like 26 at the Liberty State Park meet last year in March. ?

aiznpride said:
let's make this the biggest turnout in the US. what's the record?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Lets make it happen. I have a friend of mines who has a 94 sedan who wants to make it to the meet so lets gather up as many people as we can and get this going. I cant wait.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm up in that camp too....Please send route to get there from B-More.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey whiplash, I believe Jose3030 and someone else are coming from your area so just check it out with them and try to caravan with them.

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ITINERARY

Ok, here is some stuff I'm planning. Let me know what you guys think of this tentative itinerary:

Meet up at Bear Mtn around 11-12pm

1.) BBQ- Consisting of hotdogs/burgers/potato/macaroni/salad/drinks (soda, juice) etc Cost: ~$10/head. A lot cheaper then eating inside the park restaurant but prob no where as good as Dave C's pulled pork and brisket.....mmmmm

2.) Ding repair- There was a guy who did great ding repairs at the last meet in Aug. If theres interest I'll call him up and tell him to come by. Did wonders on my dings.

3.) Sell anything you want to get rid off (i.e. spare parts, odds and ends etc).

4.) Photo opps. Take some individual and group photos. I'll fwd you the pics of your Legend following the meet.

5.) Cruise around the area. Drive up along the mountain etc

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Tell a friend (word a mouth)

I told 2 friends so encourage everyone to do the same.

I have a friend that is not online here but has a G1 coupe.
I have another friend that has a 92 Integra but he is coming.

The more Legend fans with cars the better becaause that make us hit them with a uppercut at the nopi nationals!!!

Can we make like a flyer/business cards? Ya know what I am saying? So we can tell anyone that has a legend to show up??? Is that a good idea?

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Tell a friend (word a mouth)

Thats in the works

TALRUDEBOY said:
I told 2 friends so encourage everyone to do the same.

I have a friend that is not online here but has a G1 coupe.
I have another friend that has a 92 Integra but he is coming.

The more Legend fans with cars the better becaause that make us hit them with a uppercut at the nopi nationals!!!

Can we make like a flyer/business cards? Ya know what I am saying? So we can tell anyone that has a legend to show up??? Is that a good idea?

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Contact info's

This is just a prelim. list of ppl who have submitted their contact info's. If you plan on coming to the meet and want to travel with someone in your area then please contact your respective peers who reside in your town.

I have blocked out the cell #"s for now as a privacy measure.
Once I get a complete list I will fwd it to those on the mailing list only. This will be updated continuouslly.

Departing from Baltimore

Michael C.
443-831-3158
Black G2 coupe
[email protected]

Departing from Hartford, CT

JingJing
860-841-1473
G2 Sedan
[email protected]

Departing from the Bronx

Jae O.
(Bronx Caravan Leader)
917-968-xxxx
Milano Red G2 Coupe
[email protected]

Departing from Brooklyn

Dave
917-416-xxxx
Red G2 Coupe
[email protected]

Departing from Queens

Jonathan T.
(Queens Caravan Leader)
917-838-xxxx
Persian Red G2 Sedan
[email protected]

Michael S.
917-734-xxxx
Gray G2 Coupe
[email protected]

Jae
646-739-xxxx
G2 Coupe
[email protected]

Departing from Long Island

Mike C.
Black G2 Coupe

Departing from Northern Virginia

Jose3030
Green G2 Coupe

Departing from Staten Island

George C.
(SI Caravan Leader)
646-772-xxxx
Sherwood Green G2 Sedan
[email protected]

Departing from New Jersey

Jerome P. (Newark/Jersey City)
201-736-xxxx
Midnite Blue G2 Sedan
[email protected]

Departing from Philadelphia

Dave M.
484-919-xxxx
Black G2 coupe
[email protected]

Mahesh
610-283-xxxx
Black G2 Sedan
[email protected]

Departing from Westchester

Esti P
(Westchester and Bear Mountain Caravan Leader)
914-589-xxxx
Persian Red G1 Coupe
[email protected]

Nick D.
Pearl White G2 Sedan

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: ITINERARY

Avarice said:
Ok, here is some stuff I'm planning. Let me know what you guys think of this tentative itinerary:

Meet up at Bear Mtn around 11-12pm

2.) Ding repair- There was a guy who did great ding repairs at the last meet in Aug. If theres interest I'll call him up and tell him to come by. Did wonders on my dings.

Tell him to bring a glue gun, I'm having mad issues with my body side moulding....Hopefully I can get it fixed before the event.

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: ITINERARY

Whats wrong with it? Are the clips loose or something? Man I wish I could post soe before after pics of his work. Truly outstanding !

whiplash9001 said:

Tell him to bring a glue gun, I'm having mad issues with my body side moulding....Hopefully I can get it fixed before the event.

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ITINERARY

Avarice said:
Whats wrong with it? Are the clips loose or something? Man I wish I could post soe before after pics of his work. Truly outstanding !

Before dent wizard

After dent wizard....

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ITINERARY

Avarice said:

Not Sure, all I know is the driver's side keeps popping out...Like i said, hopefully I can get it fixed here, I'm already embarassed cause it has the plain jane effect.

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 38 Posts