Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of friends and I were hanging around at Starbucks tonight as usual. One of them has a 5-speed 99 Prelude (not an SH) and mentions how his car is always fast, blah blah blah. I've known him for about a year and thats all he ever talks about, smoking people. So anyways, tonight I was like I'll run you kinda jokingly, but then he got up went to his car. I was like alright, lets go anyway. My other friend came with me so I had another person in the car.

So we go off and we found a stop light to race at. Light turns green, I let the clutch slip a little at 2k and let it out. I gained a car length after 1st gear and another during the middle of 2nd. I got up to about 110mph and he was still about 2 car lengths back.

Overall, I'm pretty proud of myself...those Prelude's are supposed to run high 14's stock? The Prelude guy is a pretty good driver, so I dont see him doing anything that would hamper the performance of the car.

·
Registered
368 Posts
hmmm is it auto? how many miles? i've heard stories of some peoples preludes not pushing out the correct horsepower because of some factory glich in the ecu ..... maybee that ?

Keep in mind you did do more than a quarter mile, prelude doesnt have the torque/horsepower in the upper gears to give it that "pull" that the legends have

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a 5-speed with about 50k miles on it. I dont know anything about the factory glitch stuff, thats interesting. I dont know. I've been to the track and there was another 5-speed Prelude running 16.1 and I ran a 16.039 (my car was stock at the time). Thats not 2 car lengths, but something is up.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Stock Preludes are not 14 second cars stock. At best they are low 15 second cars stock. Integra Type R's are upper 14 second cars stock. The 97+ Preludes are slower IMHO than the 93-95 Preludes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stock Prelude do 1/4 mile 15.7 not mid 14s. The are only fast off the line after 80mpg they lose most of their pull.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have raced three last gen preludes, and neve rlost to one of them. I think racinga gainst those cars, those drivers BETTER have a perfect launch, if they botch the launch, spin tires, bog the engine, its all over, if they dont beat you in first and second, they are done fore, I have driven a prelude sh for almost a month before I had my legend, and I totally agree with them lacking power over 70-80 mph...

i also drove a auto prelude when I did a stereo system in it...that thing was SLOW! I got beat by camry and accord v6s all ove the place. :)

b

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.