Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a beautiful woman driving a beautiful 2003 MB SL600.
That car is silent and deadly...and she was moving it too!
Wowsers!

Highlights for 2003

"Mercedes-Benz redesigns its flagship 2-seat convertible for '03. The SL500 retains a 302-hp V8, but has new styling and a retractable metal hardtop instead of a cloth folding top. It's slightly longer, lower, and wider than the 1990-2002 version, but some 125 lb lighter. Among its high-tech features are antilock 4-wheel disc brakes with industry-first "brake-by-wire" technology that modulates hydraulic pressure to each wheel by computer signal. The SL has a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift feature, traction/antiskid control, and Mercedes' ABC active suspension designed to reduce body lean in turns. Side airbags provide head and torso protection, and the driver gets a knee airbag. A rollover bar automatically pops up if sensors detect an impending tip. Also standard are a navigation system, Mercedes' TeleAid assistance system, and a second battery, mounted in the trunk, for running power accessories.

Options include 18-inch wheels vs. standard 17s; a tire-pressure monitor; Xenon high-beam headlamps; radar cruise control designed to maintain a set following distance; ventilated and massaging seats; and Mercedes' "Keyless Go" system, which takes signals from a credit-cardlike transmitter to allow the driver to unlock and start the vehicle by simply touching certain spots. Voice control for audio, phone, and other functions is available though the dealer. Due at an unspecified later date is a V12 SL600 companion.

Competition This diverse segment offers the widest price range and obviously our Best Buys are somewhere in between. We think that the Acura RL is a steal at $44,000 fully equipped. Though it is a front-drive V6 in a field of V8 rear-drive models, it has a great ride, plenty of power, and is quite luxurious. The refined Lexus LS 430 can't be beat for comfort and features at just under $55,000. Mercedes-Benz E-Class, though a bit long in the tooth, also continues to impress with its impeccable road manners and luxurious comfort.

If you are looking for something a bit more sporting, we Recommend the BMW 5-Series. If your taste ranges more toward the luxury end, then take a look at the roomy Cadillac DeVille or Lexus GS 300.

News Demand for this costly 2-seater had been reasonably strong since the previous design's last major update (for 1995). But when the economy headed south, do did SL sales, plunging 31 percent year-to-year in calendar 2000 (to just 5409 units) and another 15.7 percent in the first three quarters of 2001. The SL wasn't alone, though. Somehow, the luxury-car market as a while seems much more sensitive to economic swings than it used to be.

The redesigned SL500 may fare better once it reaches U.S. dealers in force, which Mercedes says will be spring 2002. A new SL600 should follow about a year later with the same new-design V12 used in the S600 sedan and CL600 coupe. All these Mercedes are very expensive top-liners selling only a few thousand copies per year in the U.S."

G

·
That common in the ATL like BBQ spots... Now let me see a female driving.....A LEGEND Coupe and i'de be :eek:

But the MB isssssssss FIRE!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I have seen a few of those lately, but have never seen the badge on the back. Those carz are so phat.... they are the nicest MB I have ever seen. The lines are so sleek its amazing. I would defentialy buy one....

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Bah.
Overpriced.

I like my G2 6speed for 90 k less.

G

·
****, that is a sweeet ass car. I would just like to see a SLK600 now :D. Ain't gonna happen though, but imagine what that big engine would do for a little car like that :cool:

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Yes that SL is definately a piece of art, but my favorite is still the new CL55 AMG. I love that machine sooooo damm much. Hopefully i'll be able to get one soon.

·
Registered
701 Posts
M3

The only thing Id like better than an M3 is an M5

Whenever I see a MB its always the same.....rich old successful

·
Registered
699 Posts
Those SL 500 are sooo hot. I saw one yesterday in my area with some 20'' chrome rims, being driven by some thugged out ass dude.that car looked so sweet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.