Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· SR79 Labrat
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else besides me looking to get into a built auto transmission?
I am talking with a different guy about fixing the transmission and possibly the weak links besides more clutch packs and the basics.

For the RnR job including a 2500 stall converter and extra clutch packs I am looking to pay $2800. Sounds good to me but then again I dont know anything about transmissions. What does a stock rebuild usually cost?
Later and thanks in advance!
Kyle

· SR79 Labrat
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dv8 said:
When i was looking you could pick up a warranty tranny for about 1500-2000

When you say warranty-do you mean the 30day/3k miles or something like that, or is it a real warranty(30K miles warranty+)?

The level 10 was about 3500, that includes a trans.

The Level 10 was sounding like a bad idea after the guys from 3 shops said that Sam wasnt making real performance parts minus the tq converter. Sounded like he was just throwing more clutches at it along with gaskets and that type of stuff. I think you mentioned this in one of your post before. As it turns out there are 2 shops close by that make custom stall converters. I have to have someone put the tranny in because I am running out of time with projects.
Thanks, Kyle

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
sr79labrat said:
Dv8 said:
When i was looking you could pick up a warranty tranny for about 1500-2000

When you say warranty-do you mean the 30day/3k miles or something like that, or is it a real warranty(30K miles warranty+)?

The level 10 was about 3500, that includes a trans.

The Level 10 was sounding like a bad idea after the guys from 3 shops said that Sam wasnt making real performance parts minus the tq converter. Sounded like he was just throwing more clutches at it along with gaskets and that type of stuff. I think you mentioned this in one of your post before. As it turns out there are 2 shops close by that make custom stall converters. I have to have someone put the tranny in because I am running out of time with projects.
Thanks, Kyle
For the last time, Level 10 will make you a trans capable of withstanding the power, they even warranty it from what i remember, its just going to cost you close to 4k with the TQ converter. If drag racing is the goal then the auto is your trans.

If you want to rip around auto x, freeway blasts and some normal dragging then get a 5spd with a stage 3 clutch and a LSD and shut up:D

~TRu Hybrid

· Lara's Legend
1,557 Posts
DV8 I've been thinking of doing a swapping out my auto to a 5/6speed conversion. Is there a thread DIY that showes all nessary parts for a full job?!AND YES i did do a search but i haven't been able to get answers to my quest, & since your the Jedi Master , Well i was hoping you could help me!

thanks & merry xmas!

· Registered Abuser
551 Posts
the 6spd tranny is hard to come by. i found one with 74k for like 1,050 with a 90 day warranty. im thinking about just getting mine rebuilt. thats if shockproof doesnt cure my grinding issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.