Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's been a while since I last posted pics of the Gob, which has been in the body shop recently getting some work done and re-painted.

Here are before and after shots of the changes, along with some pics I forgot to post before I dropped off the Legend...

Work Done

Before: (body tap)

After: (weld & paint)

Before: (Old leather, rips in seat)

After: (Katzkin leather replacement)

Before: (Emblems)

After: (Shaved, painted)

Coming Soon: 95' L E G E N D EMBLEM (Joey's Pic)

Pics I forgot to post

Joe & Joey helped me remove my bumper to inspect and install the USDM headlights

(My body shop broke one HID bulb, paid me for it, and a high-end set is on the way sooo...JDMs will be back on soon.:

USDMs

Monochrome

Bonus - Teaser Pic:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
lookin good mike! good luck gettin that L E G E N D perfectly placed, the new paint looks sweet, I need to do that in a bad way...

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
wanna trade the mirror back for ur car?
lol... ^__^

by far the nicest legend on the forum so far.
i love the simplicity of the car and how friggin clean it is.

btw. your new leather, u only get it for the front seats?

·
Holla at Ya Boy
1,448 Posts
The Gobstopper is coming along quite nicely. I'm sure when you are finished she will be even better than before. Can i use your foam emblem template when you are finished? I need it for a project that i would like to do my Coupe. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Man your pics just exemplify the perfect cant' green legend. :D

BTW: the emblems and template are mine, but seeing how there is alot of interest i might be willing to make a couple copies.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
yea...good sh*t as always..you do a good job keeping up with your car..I respect that...and if you pull that teaser pic project..Ill deff crown you jdm king!!!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
damn mike that's sweetness. you know, i hate to say it, but before your car i hated canterbury green. i don't know why, i just did. but your car has made me seriously grow on it.

as for the teaser pic... is enough ever enough? haha i really can't believe you found that, honestly.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
Fantastic...she's a real gem

seeing your car always adds a few things to my G2 To-Do-List

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
That car helps set the benchmark for green Legends, good work Bling! Now everyone in the ride can get their lean on!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sincerely appreciate the warm compliments everyone, you guys are like family! :hug:

Making me feel really good about being really broke. :lol:

lookin good mike! good luck gettin that L E G E N D perfectly placed, the new paint looks sweet, I need to do that in a bad way...
Thanks Andy, Template + New Emblems in Foam Stencil = FTW.

wanna trade the mirror back for ur car?
lol... ^__^

by far the nicest legend on the forum so far.
i love the simplicity of the car and how friggin clean it is.

btw. your new leather, u only get it for the front seats?
Thanks Matthew, I would have put your name on the box if I had known it. I did the same thing with Ken 'Pinyix' back in the day. :giggle:

As for the leather, I got lucky and found a minty type E replacement leather drivers seat in Charlotte, NC off an eBay listing so I drove up there and picked it up, seems to be recovered in katkinz leather.

lol @ the teaser pic, your kidding me right?, btw pretty car
Not kidding ya Xavier, just wait as see as always. :D btw thanks bro.

The Gobstopper is coming along quite nicely. I'm sure when you are finished she will be even better than before. Can i use your foam emblem template when you are finished? I need it for a project that i would like to do my Coupe. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!
Thanks Earl, all she needs now is paint on the roof and the trunk emblem and the Gob will officially be minter than its ever been.

Template & Stencil is Joey's until my set comes in the mail. I'll keep you updated though...

I can't wait to take some shots of our Legends together. :wavey:

Your car is beautiful man, keep it up!
Thank you sir! :)

Man your pics just exemplify the perfect cant' green legend. :D

BTW: the emblems and template are mine, but seeing how there is alot of interest i might be willing to make a couple copies.
Well Joey, after a 'Legendary detailing' in a couple weeks, it will be pretty close to perfect.

See you in 48 hours. :sombrero:

yea...good sh*t as always..you do a good job keeping up with your car..I respect that...and if you pull that teaser pic project..Ill deff crown you jdm king!!!!!
Thanks man.

damn mike that's sweetness. you know, i hate to say it, but before your car i hated canterbury green. i don't know why, i just did. but your car has made me seriously grow on it.

as for the teaser pic... is enough ever enough? haha i really can't believe you found that, honestly.
OH YEA!?! Well I despised Rosewood Brown Metallic until I saw your dad's sedan! j/k :giggle:

I can't believe you hated my color, the rest of your comment kinda makes up for it though. :lol:

The world is not enough man, fully functional rear reclining seats will be operational!

look good as always, cant wait to see the "teaser" finished
Fantastic...she's a real gem

seeing your car always adds a few things to my G2 To-Do-List
Thanks a lot you guys, she's in good hands thats for sure.

That car helps set the benchmark for green Legends, good work Bling! Now everyone in the ride can get their lean on!
I appreciate that, and soon they will be able to...but for now it just looks cool. :woot:

dude that legend is a perfect example of what the top of the line legend looked like straight out of the factory.

wait, its a lot better than an factory legend.....nice job!
Comments like that make it worth all the work, many thanks! :)

Looking better than ever! I wish Joe and Joey were just down the street -- I'd be over there all the time tearing my car apart in their garage! Lucky duck. The Gob is immortal, can't wait to see it in person in <4 months.
Thanks bro, very lucky...they're the best! :bowdown:

Lookin' forward to us all hanging out at NALM!

Saw the car in person during the progress and it came out great.

Nice work Mike.
Thanks Matt, yea you and Drew were the only ones who saw it in that state..

Its back in the shop for a few touch-ups and corrections but I should have it by tomorrow or Saturday for the meet...I hope.

Excellent work! Gobstopper getting better and better! :)
Thanks Istvan, once I install that gorgeous UKDM console you sold me like forever ago...:giggle:

...then it will be better for sure! :yes:

That is how it is done.
Oh word, thanks!

·
Registered
619 Posts
OH YEA!?! Well I despised Rosewood Brown Metallic until I saw your dad's sedan! j/k :giggle:

I can't believe you hated my color, the rest of your comment kinda makes up for it though. :lol:

The world is not enough man, fully functional rear reclining seats will be operational!
i think really the problem was that i never really saw that color on a clean car and honestly i just found it to quite boring. when i saw it on yours and earl's cars it just popped. it's really a beautiful color when it is maintained properly :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts