Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you already know, my car was total'd by the insurance company. But, I love my Legend and do not want to sacrifice it to the junk yard Gods :mad:
The Legend is a unibody; you can actually see where the main unibody frame components have shifted (I had my car undercoated) and you now can see where bare metal shows in passenger wheelwell where she hit me.
A claims adjuster stated it could be repaired! I was like cool.. well looking through some of the other frame horror stories, the car is totalled.
Acura-Legend user: 9000 is a claims adjuster, he says to dump the car (in a previous post).
If I take it to a Mercedes or BMW shop to have the repairs done, can they fix the car and the car ride and perform like it was never in a accident with a bent unibody versus an Acura dealer?
I have a ton of performance parts ($10K) on my Legend and I do not want to die or injure someone else when I am driving my Legend hard.
Do I have to loose my baby or can she be brought back?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stu, that was not the answer I was looking for, but I’ll take honesty any day!
As the accident, I firmly believe in rising driving age to 21 and out outlaw cell phone use while in a vehicle. I’ll let you extrapolate who caused the accident.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Cappi, I know my comment about being more careful suggested you were at fault, and of course that may not have been the case. No offense intended, but fixing a car with a bent frame would be an error.

Defense driving is necessary because the roads are filled with idiots who cant drive. Sorry you lost your car cause one of the retard hit you. I would be upset if I lost my car, but you can get another one .... at least you were not hurt, the car can be replaced. Good luck and hope you find a better one !

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
A collision repair is only as good as the person working the frame machine and making the repair. The old addage that the vehicle will never be the same is just not true.

When I rebuilt my wife's 87 maxima in 88 (a vehicle she still drives) the Maxima's nose pointed at the stars and one frame rail was severely damaged. I ended up having to replace one strut tower along with the repair of the rail, and total new nose. The vehicle was brought back to spec and I have never had a problem.

Just find a quality shop to perform the repair.

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
LPB said:
A collision repair is only as good as the person working the frame machine and making the repair. The old addage that the vehicle will never be the same is just not true.

When I rebuilt my wife's 87 maxima in 88 (a vehicle she still drives) the Maxima's nose pointed at the stars and one frame rail was severely damaged. I ended up having to replace one strut tower along with the repair of the rail, and total new nose. The vehicle was brought back to spec and I have never had a problem.

Just find a quality shop to perform the repair.
True statement. I wrecked a BMW 320i severly enough that the roof was buckled at one of the sunroof corners and a frame shop here was able to straighten the car back to spec. As Peter says, depends on who's doing the work.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Agreed on getting it done right. MY Z was totalled in July by someone sho rear ended me with both rear rails bent. I took a payoff minus salvage value, kept the car and got it straightened for $600 and had additional bars welded in to make it sure it was strengthend. I came out $4500 ahead and the car looks great and runs straight I would see if you can keep the car with out having to buy it back so the title doesn't change hands.

cd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.