Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up all? im not to familair with Benzes but some guy last night in a silver benz was tyin to race me last night. my gf was with me and she hates when i drive fast and plus it was kinda of a residential neigborhood so we couldnt get to serious. but i was just staying right next to him to whole time when he was tryin to ball out, ot felt like i couldve easily passed him but im sre he wasnt pushin it either. anyways it was dark out so i could tell for sure what kind of benz it was but i think it said E 320, and i saw for sure it also said Kompressor. anyone know anyhing abot these? thanks.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Could it have been the C230 Kompressor?

It has a supercharged 2.3 L inline 4 with 192 hp @ 5,500 rpm and 200 lb/ft of torque @ 2,500 - 4,800 RPM

0-60 = 7.2 secs (6-speed)
7.5 secs (5-speed auto)

·
Registered
851 Posts
E320 is not kompressor or supercharged in english, hehehe......

E320 is not that fast, so you should have a chance with it. But in residential area, it's not a wise thing to do. Kids might just pop out from nowhere in front of the car, and kaboom!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it definetly wasnt the C230...it was a 4 door, and it said E xxx, i pretty sure it was 320. there is such a car, right?
Alexander, what do you mean E320 is not a kompressor in english? thanks. yeah little kids are like squirrels around here they just pop out of nowhere, thats why i wasnt trying to really race.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The C230

came in 4 door before the coupe came out. They started in96 or 97, and the current coupe uses that engine. Mercedes doesn't make a supercharged v6. Renntech maybe? But most of them I've seen r v8,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Acurate420 said:
yeah it definetly wasnt the C230...it was a 4 door, and it said E xxx, i pretty sure it was 320. there is such a car, right?
Alexander, what do you mean E320 is not a kompressor in english? thanks. yeah little kids are like squirrels around here they just pop out of nowhere, thats why i wasnt trying to really race.
What he means is that kompressor is a supercharger. I don't know if it means supercharger in German or it's just a type of charger, but anyway that's what it is. The only blown benzes in existence are C-Class and SLKs. The 320 is a 3.2L V6, but I don't think those ever came supercharged, just the 4 cylinders.

-GR

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just thought of something else...
The kompressor could have just been a sticker. You know, like Honda Accord TypeR or something like that. It's common knowledge that those things add at least 5HP, to the wheels. ;)

-GR

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i was thinking it coud have been just a sticker too, but i could see it pretty clear and it looked legit, i doubt he would of ordered a the silver Kompressor emblem and put it on there:confused: but anyways i think it was the 4 cylinder supercharged benz. thanks man.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Acurate420 said:
i doubt he would of ordered a the silver Kompressor emblem and put it on there:confused:
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, or maybe he just jacked it off some other benz. People these days aren't too creative:p

-GR

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actually....

The AMG C320 and AMG SLK320 are both supercharged. RennTech, Kellner, Lorinser, and other Mercedes tuners sell supercharger kits for the for the C/SLK 320.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Re: Actually....

katonk said:
The AMG C320 and AMG SLK320 are both supercharged. RennTech, Kellner, Lorinser, and other Mercedes tuners sell supercharger kits for the for the C/SLK 320.
You mean C32 and SLK32 right? hehehehe........, yes, they're both supercharged. And they're both FAST!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: Actually....

katonk said:
C32 and SLK32 there, buddy. And surely, you mean Kleeman? :confused:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Kleeman... that's the one! Just a little mix up.

so I got an extra 0 on the end of those cars' names. ya'll knew what I meant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts