Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be replacing the Kuhmo ASX's on my car within a month and I noticed how they didn't last as long as I thought.

Currently I'm running a 225/45/18 tire, it's been hard finding a tire with good tread wear at this size. Does anyone have a certain tire they recommend?

Keep in mind I don't have a lot of money, maybe $130 per tire?

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
$130/tire. i just got some kumho (btw) SPT's they are around that price. but its a UHP tire. idk if thats what you want. I can't tell you about the tread wear but they have a higher tread wear rating then my toyo's and those lasted for while. (like 6-7k already and about 6autox events, plus my horribily unadjusted camber/toe in the rear)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually looked into those tires, I'm looking for a tire that isn't A-symmetrical like these ASX's so I can get a more even treadwear by rotating them.

Come to think of it, my brother is using SPT's on his Dakota with the 17in R/T wheels and they're doing pretty well.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I would recommend Kumho SPTs as well. I can't speak for your specific size but on my wheels they have been the longest lasting set of tires I've ever had. I gobble new tires every couple months; SPTs hold up well.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think Derek put about 10K on them before me and I've put maybe 2K on them in the last month and a half. They would have lasted longer I'm sure but two of my rims were bent when I got the car making the tire wear like it had negative camber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts