Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im posting here instead of the audio/electronics because every1 over there talks about audio. anyways i remember a post here talking about clifford being the best.. but what about Viper alarms since they are owned by clifford anyways?

Also what do you guys think of CompuStar alarms with the 2-way pager that alerts you when some1 tampers or breaks into your car?

What alarms do you guys own?

Do you know if Acura factory alarms come with outputs so i can hook up shock sensor, motion sensor, or glass breakage onto my stock alarm? This way, i can save MUCHO dinero by just adding stuff to the stock system instead of buying a 300 dollar Clifford or Viper

sorry for all 4 questions, thanks. This wil be done on the RSX..not the Legend.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
intelliguard and avantguards are very expensive and sophiscated alarms. AudioExpress says it takes them 3 days to install a Intelliguard system whereas it takes 2.5 hrs to do a regular viper 500 or clifford system. oh i will be looking into the Crimetopper FM 2006 alarms since Shaha and chrisk both mentioned them. however i dont have the knowhow to install myself.

·
Registered
972 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
intelliguard and avantguards are very expensive and sophiscated alarms. AudioExpress says it takes them 3 days to install a Intelliguard system whereas it takes 2.5 hrs to do a regular viper 500 or clifford system. oh i will be looking into the Crimetopper FM 2006 alarms since Shaha and chrisk both mentioned them. however i dont have the knowhow to install myself.
If you need any help with Crimestopper 2006FM, let me know. I just installed it last weekend. works really good. gotta love the remote start!

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
intelliguard and avantguards are very expensive and sophiscated alarms. AudioExpress says it takes them 3 days to install a Intelliguard system whereas it takes 2.5 hrs to do a regular viper 500 or clifford system.
Intelliguard systems can actually be done in a day by the shop I go to, and they're very good. The Avantguard takes them about 1 1/2 days.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Koji_H said:
Whatever you do don't upgrade the factory system here's why (excerpt from my site, LEGENDtuner.com):
wait..so u are saying that we should upgrade our alarm systems because anyone can gain access to our factory ones right?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
The best alarm!!!

Try installing 3 pit bulls and a crazy monkey with switch blade knife. If that doesn't keep them from steeling your car... Sorry!!!

LOL,

actually I have the Viper ESP 600. So far so good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.