Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My 1995 ls coupe is by far the best car i've owned. It has never EVER given me a problem. I bought it w/41,000 about 4yrs ago and the other day i hit 170,000. It runs exactly the same as the day i bought it, minus the broken transmission mount :mad:. I've just done the routine maintanence, change all fluids, new brake pads, lots of them, radiator, thermostat, 1 fuel fiter, and timing belt, and oil change every 3,000 miles which equals a million of them, haha. Almost time for another timing belt change i think. Well i just wanted to tell you how much of a great car my legend has been to me. And i hope that you all have has as much love for your car as i have. :) I love my car as much as the day i bought it. Except now it looks alot hotter.

· 3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
that car look goods :2cool: how low is it sitting

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
91LSMAN said:
Being that I've only owned 2 cars, yeah my Legend is the best. :D
:werd: Same with me. My first car was an Audi, and while it was alot more luxurious than my Legend, it was such a problem car. It was in the shop every few weeks. It'll be very hard for me to ever go back to a Euro. Routine maintenace is all I do on my Legend, minus a new master cylinder and main relay when I bought it.

· Banned
14,938 Posts
yeah the legend best car i've owned although i really loved my old car and still like it alot but i like my legend and ive only had it for a few months,
some of the cars i used to have:
2002 dodge durango slt+, last car, still love it!

1989 honda prelude, (had this same time as my durango)

96 chevy blazer (first car)

the legend is a great car!!!! I'm going to enjoy driving my legend as long as i have it and i hope every one else does aswell

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Alperovich said:
1989 honda prelude, (had this same time as my durango)
Love the 3rd gen Preludes. I've owned two of them (89 Si and 91 Si 4WS). I also had an 86 Si (2nd gen). They are a riot to drive. Here's my old 91...

I do agree with nbaczek, though, that the Legend is as reliable as they come. My car has never left me stranded in my nearly 110,000 miles of ownership. It starts up the first time, every time.

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For whoever asked: My car is sitting on koni's w/H&R's all around set on the lowest setting, it's sweet, there isn't even a small fingers gap w/no rub :D
To sum up what i've done here it is in short:
1. New pearl white paint job about 1 1/2 months ago
2. Carbon fiber hood
3. JDM 1 peace headlights.
4. Clear euro bumper lights
5. Shaved emblems
6. Konis and H&R springs.(lowest setting)
7. New 2 tone leather interior
8. Re covered speaker grills. (black)
9. Aluminum Legend door sills
10. New black Factory floor mats
11. Dyed the carpet black.
12. Wood grain e-brake handle.
13. Painted white grill
14. 19" Speedwheel Chrome Raven rims. (stock rims for winter)
15. Red painted valve covers and brakes.
16. Next mod, remus exhaust (soon)
That is all i can think of right now. Hope this answers some questions for you guys. Thanks Nate.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Not my favorite of the 16 cars I've owned but I would say it's in the top five.

Some of my cars have been more comfortable, others fasters and better handling, others were more fun to drive. The Legend doesn't stand out in any one particular area but it's an all around decent car.

I'm sure back in the early 90s, the Legend was the bomb but with all the technology and advancements of newer cars, to me it just feels like a "Honda" product. Not to say that is bad... but it's not very impressive. Just my .02

· 502MotorSports.com
9,375 Posts
I kind of agree with OhGeez....it is in my top 5 of many cars that I have owned, but not numero uno. I will say that, for its time and when it was the car back then, it was the one of the rides of choice. Too bad Honda blew that lead. Think of it - The Legend was regarded highly along the makes of BMW, MB and Lexus. Now, the new stablemates are just economical entry-level luxury vehicles that are not taken seriously because of some marketing mistakes or blunders. I think they can come back if they start thinking outside of the box and give us what we want.

Off my soapbox. The Legend is hot in coupe or sedan form, period. Just wish the legacy followed it to the future (think S55, SL55, 740,745,750, LS4xx, GSxxx). Sure, different classes, but these cars started young and matured to sexy powerful beasts. Imagine a 450hp Legend coupe. RWD. 26mpg city/35 hwy. That would be sick.

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
Leon Millette said:
I kind of agree with OhGeez....it is in my top 5 of many cars that I have owned, but not numero uno. I will say that, for its time and when it was the car back then, it was the one of the rides of choice. Too bad Honda blew that lead. Think of it - The Legend was regarded highly along the makes of BMW, MB and Lexus. Now, the new stablemates are just economical entry-level luxury vehicles that are not taken seriously because of some marketing mistakes or blunders. I think they can come back if they start thinking outside of the box and give us what we want.

Off my soapbox. The Legend is hot in coupe or sedan form, period. Just wish the legacy followed it to the future (think S55, SL55, 740,745,750, LS4xx, GSxxx). Sure, different classes, but these cars started young and matured to sexy powerful beasts. Imagine a 450hp Legend coupe. RWD. 26mpg city/35 hwy. That would be sick.
I couldn't agree with you more. Don't get me wrong, I love my Legends. My sedan is reliable as hell I drive it everywhere, long road trips. My coupe is the looker, but it is giving me a headache with all the little annoying problems. I fix one thing then something else breaks. I wonder if my tranny is going to break whe I fix the BHG.

If Honda could make up its mind and keep a car and keep improving it, they would be on the top fore sure. Look they got rid of the Prelude, CL, and Legend Coupe. The replaced the names that everyone knew (ie, Legend, Vigor, Integra) with RL, TL, RSX, so now instead of I have a Legend I have an RL. The average person that you are talking to is gonna be like ??? when it used to be oh yeah those Legends are nice. Even though the RL is a Legend a name is a selling point and a social status in my openion. They need to compete more especially w/ a V8, maybe w/ Toyota make a real truck. Sorry for the long thread, just venting..

Again sorry for the hyjack. My best car was a 99 Acura CL that I bought w/ 32k miles back in 00. I drove the wheels off that thing. I got 175k on it in 4 years. Never so much as a fart out of that car. I wish I would have kept it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.