Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best to buy right now, im going to go get the alpine 7894 tomorrow and that is a ****ing bad ass deck. Im just curious what everyone else is into and what other people think is best?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess in the same range as the Alpine I am buying. Is there anything better that alpine in that price range? Its about 400 bucks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my pioneer experience I havent been thrilled with the top of the line stuff. I figure with all the options this alpine has it has got to sound the best.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
well it's u'r dollar. like i said, it was my opinion.
remember, more options doesn't mean better quality. just better marketing.
go with what you like. as long as u'r happy with u'r purchase, that's all that matters.
-j

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and I meant sound options, like fine tuning the eq and that sort of stuff. Its got all kinds of noise canceling and they even have a web site coming out that people will be able to download the exact setup for their car and that radio and put it on the radio to optimize the sound. And the Mp3 playing is cool too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got the 7894 installed and HOLY ****, this is the best sounding stereo I hva ever had in any of my cars!!! The MP3 function is awesome, 250 songs on 1 CD and it sounds great!!! I almost got the 93 but I sprung for the extra bucks to get the MP3 function. The sound quality is amazing and all the options and tweeking we can do wiht these decks. WOW!!! that all I can say!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got to this post late...but I agree with aiznpride...Pioneer is by far the best sounding head unit I have come across..

I used to have an 8200R, now I am running a 9300 and the sound is phenominal...all the tweaking you can do is insane...

Plus it is the only deck where you can download your own movies and pictures into it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thats also a $1000 dollar HU, Its in a bit of a different league then the 7894:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
$1000?

You can get it online for just over $400...

·
Registered
248 Posts
almost all the top line recievers by all the reputable manufactures are pretty good, people have preferences in how they sound, but thats more trivial.

my personal favorite for mp3 decks:

1. alpine 7995
2. kenwood kdc x 819
3. JVC sh909

I run a rf 9400 now just cuas its cheap :)

best cd decks: (in no order)

sony c-90
nak 45z
clarion 8255
pioneer p9

for your price range? only thing I can come up wiht right away is thte kenwood exelon stuff, good performance and good sound quality. :)

b

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im thinking of that new sony one that you can upload pictures into, not pioneer, I dont know why I mix those up.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the 7894 also because its 60x4

·
Registered
248 Posts
Chuck-Hu$tle said:
I like the 7894 also because its 60x4
power output ratings on HUs means very little, that alpinea tt he MOST putout 20x4 at 1 percent distortion, I would always attach an amp to the speaker.

b

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, It sounds much beeter to me. All of the decks I have had have been 45X4 and I notice a huge difference. I cant afford to buy any more stereo equipment so this will be fine for me right now, til I get some more money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.