Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the Best Halogen bulb to use that is closest to an HID setup without being an HID? Something Blue-ishhh... Not the e-bays if possible... Thanks

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
can I ask why no HIDs?

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
75 bucks not too bad for new HID kit with 2 year warranty..

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
not sure if you're still looking but, Hella Optilux Bulbs in 9006 are definitely the brightest non-ebay bulb that still a halogen. I've personally seen them in the 9007 dual filament version that put out 80/100 versus 55/65 normal halogens. As far as brightness, those who have seen a Silverstart Ultra, they are brighter than those, with the blue tinge we all desire. That is of course if you dont go the HID route. Btw they run about 40 bucks online, never seen them in stores.."off-road use only" yetthey show a jetta racing down the road with em on the packaging. :rofl:

·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input Prominance1, Guess for now I will stick with the oem until I get enuff $$$ for HID's. Thanks agian....

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
HIDs are cheap, here in the bay area, they sell em for like $80 brand new local pick up with however long warranty.

·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks... I have learned a lot since being a member of this forum... All the info's and links are great...

·
Registered
155 Posts
talk with stevieray about his HIR bulbs.

edit heres the thread: http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/hir-bulbs-75931/
:werd:

I used these before i bought my JDMs and they were a HUGE improvement over stock halogen bulbs. They're a little pricey (~$25 per bulb) but they are absolutely the best halogen that will directly fit in stock 9006/9005 sockets and keep the filament aligned for proper light dispersal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts