Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to save up for the Remus exhaust, but until I have the money for that I want to get a universal muffler just for looks and maybe a little deeper sound. I don't want to spend a lot, like under $200...wondering if anyone knows any good websites to order something like that.

Thankx

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
my advice would be to save that $200 and apply it to the remus, it's almost half the cost, and the remus from what i hear is much better that anything u can buy, especially anything for $200 or under.

G

·
It seems to me though like a cat back would make a lot more sense. I wish that someobody could get a dyno before and after with the Remus, and then the same with the Greddy.

I think that it would be interesting to see the graph because those don't lie.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Isn't the section of pipe from where the Remus bolts on to the CAT only about a foot or two long??? Is this "Cat-back" section that important to have as aftermarket?? I'm a bit confused here.

T Radz, I agree w/DSMKiller. Save your $200 and put it towards your Remus when you can afford it. No point in buying something twice.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah the difference between a Remus and an actual cat-back is that small pipe, maybe a couple feet long, that goes from the 3 bolt flange to the end of the cat.

I didn't dyno anything, but I'm sure that opening up the diameter of that pipe another 1/2" with the Greddy is going to do absolutely nothing. To be honest, I have the Remus, and I don't think it makes a difference either. I've had a universal (which is for sale) and the Remus, and I couldn't tell the difference, besides the noise level.

Our cars have 3 cats which are restricting, so by opening up a short pipe by such a small diameter will probably not do anything. If you must do it though, then I guess Greddy would be the way to go if you want the true cat-back for your Legend.

·
OG Member
1,496 Posts
So the only difference between a universal remus and a legend specific remus is that the legend one bolts on and the other one I would have to solder(sp) it? Is the universal really loud? How much are you selling it for?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The universal Remus and the 'Legend Specific' Remus are actually different sizes. The Legend specific one is tuned for our cars, so that it is not that loud, and fits exactly where the stock one came out. And yes, if you got a universal remus, then you would just have to get someone to make a pipe for you to go back to the 3 bolt flange. Or, the muffler shop could cut the stock muffler off, and just weld a universal one right on there.

I am selling a Naxos universal muffler .. I already had the pipe custom bent to the 3 bolt flange, so it's a complete package. I want to get $175 if possible. This will fit perfectly onto a 91-95 coupe. I took that one off and put the Remus on, because it was pretty much 'stock' loudness, and much quieter than the Naxos universal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts