Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. yea i could search all day & find jumbled info (sorry for not searching guys ahead of time) but i mean straight up if you have a little money to spend what are the main parts you would replace / swap out into the 3.5 rl engine b4 installing into your legend body (performance wise - yes i know maintenance wise what should be done)? so far i've gathered type 2 IM, type 2 fuel rails & type 2 heads or p&p'd heads. and are webcams a brand of cams made for the 3.2 or rl 3.5 or am i misunderstanding what the webcams are? & is it possible &/or worth boring for better/custom pistons & rings or should one just get a 3 or 5 angle valve job on the stock ones? i have my 3.5 engine & basically want to cap my actual motor work cash to maybe 1500-1800. serious helpful replies only please my friends.

·
ON DAT WAVE
1,302 Posts
ok. yea i could search all day & find jumbled info (sorry for not searching guys ahead of time) but i mean straight up if you have a little money to spend what are the main parts you would replace / swap out into the 3.5 rl engine b4 installing into your legend body (performance wise - yes i know maintenance wise what should be done)? so far i've gathered type 2 IM, type 2 fuel rails & type 2 heads or p&p'd heads. and are webcams a brand of cams made for the 3.2 or rl 3.5 or am i misunderstanding what the webcams are? & is it possible &/or worth boring for better/custom pistons & rings or should one just get a 3 or 5 angle valve job on the stock ones? i have my 3.5 engine & basically want to cap my actual motor work cash to maybe 1500-1800. serious helpful replies only please my friends.
web cams the company an be done for both 3.2 an 3.5, custom piston would be a great plus in bumping your compression up, i heared you can use the MDX pistons but not sure what that would call for, you can also upgrade your injector size and fuel pump

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for some one with 348 posts youd think they learn something by now

it was something like that you siad to me riight
...also only replies with correct grammar & spelling please so that i can understand the helpful advice that you are giving.

·
Registered
619 Posts
lol children now .... any ways im the sole provider of the web cam regrinds at the lowest price if your interested pm me

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
doesnt need to be done until one of the last things but dont forget the lightweight pulley sets =)

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea trying to see right now if labrat will sell the 3 besides the crank pulley & then try to acquire a 3.5 pulley or get one made or something. if it's just the stock pulley cnc'd from 6061 t6 aluminum there are more than a few machine shops that can make you one if you just bring them your stock.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Did someone say 3.5 crank pulley?

How quickly we forget :angel:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
yea trying to see right now if labrat will sell the 3 besides the crank pulley & then try to acquire a 3.5 pulley or get one made or something. if it's just the stock pulley cnc'd from 6061 t6 aluminum there are more than a few machine shops that can make you one if you just bring them your stock.
To match the level of quality and precision I have provided the community it will take a pretty penny. Why not just by mine since I put up the initial expense?

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
telion i thought you were out & it was only gonna be a 1 time run!!! of course i would much rather buy yours! how many left / how long you plan on having them "in production"?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I have one exact duplicate from the GB and one that the journal (center hole diameter) is off by about the thickness of some duck tape (which I used with it and it worked great) after that if I do, do individual runs it will either be via group buy or individual request.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts