Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just picked up a sweet little 94 GS with a BHG.

I see head gasket kits all over the place with prices ranging from 70 bucks to 500 bucks.

Ebay has very complete looking sets at the cheapo price of $55+12 shipping.
Partstrain has them for about approx $250.
my local parts stores run from $180-280.

Anyone use any particular brand or purchase from a particular place and have good orbad experiences??

Thanks

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
I'd go fel-pro or oem..

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
+1, although my eristic HG's are holding up, now 10,000 miles, knock on wood!
The eristic HG set has the valve cover gaskets and the cam seals in back leak like a sive.........................................Just had valve covers replaced with Felpro.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
OEM is a logical choice considering the head gaskets themselves are only $50 a piece on acuraoemparts.com; others have good things to say about Felpro (having never used Felpro myself, I can't comment).

+1, although my eristic HG's are holding up, now 10,000 miles, knock on wood!
The eristic HG set has the valve cover gaskets and the cam seals in back leak like a sive.........................................Just had valve covers replaced with Felpro.
You're only at 10K? I've done almost 40K since then; approximately 26 of which are on the RL gaskets.

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
OEM is a logical choice considering the head gaskets themselves are only $50 a piece on acuraoemparts.com; others have good things to say about Felpro (having never used Felpro myself, I can't comment).

You're only at 10K? I've done almost 40K since then; approximately 26 of which are on the RL gaskets.
Mine sits from Oct to April due to the corrosive roads here!:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.