Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how i can log a complaint about PPP? well, the ecu that was sent back to me is toast. doesn't even werk with my stock chip. willie says there's no warrantee on ecu's and that he'll only refund me the 250 bux. so now i have no bayou chip and no ecu. the thing is, my lawyers said it might not be worth it sue his as$. so i'm just left with filing a complaint. does anyone know how much a new ecu costs?
-j

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Man.... I feel so bad for you guys that got screwed:( I think it is a load of BS what this guy is trying to pull... I have been reading through a few of the threads and its pretty rough. I laughed when I read about buddies long distance calls to you making up for the shipping that he should not have charged..... I think you should round up all the people who got screwed over and get a class action suit going....I wish you the best of luck to get your legend working again:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
How can slick Willie not guarantee his work on the ECU??? He requires us to take it out of our car and send it to him so that he can install the new chip. If it's damaged in the process, it is his responsibility to get it fixed! This guy is a piece of s___!!!

And for all you that have posted stating everything went fine and Willie was such a wonderful guy to you doesn't help alleviate the problems that a few of us have had with him. In fact, I'm surprised people are still buying from him. If I had heard about dmenn's and aiznpride's problems before I ordered my chip, I never would have given PPP my business. The original chip he sent me was bad and luckily the 2nd one is working fine, but even so I still filed a complaint with the BBB as he insinuated that the problem was probably with my ECU and that was not his responsibility. I also have written Willie a letter stating how unprofessional he has been with certain customers and I would never recommend him to anyone.

I think any problems from now on (and I mean any, even if it's just a shipping charge that's a $1.00 to high) that anyone has with PPP should be reported to the BBB. The more complaints they receive, the more attention will be shifted towards PPP. Willie is going to have to learn to change his business practices!

·
Registered
282 Posts
aizn - I would definately file a complaint with the BBB! I filed my complaint online and then I followed up with a phone call to the local New Orleans BBB that handles the requests for where PPP is located.

I didn't know that you guys were filing with the BBB, but I'm really glad that you are. Hopefully the BBB and especially Willie at PPP is understanding that we won't take this kind of unprofessionalism.

On another note: I still haven't heard from Willie after I filed a complaint with the BBB and my CC company. It's almost been 2 weeks now since I cancelled the check I made to him for the charges he tried to get me to pay. I'm still waiting for a phone call from him so I can express how I feel about his unprofessionalism. Who knows if that day will ever come.

aizn - I wish you the best, and I'm sorry the same type of thing happened to you as it did to me. I think in the future now we'll all be a little skeptical before we go ahead and participate in upgrades, or anything for that matter.

G

·
Damn sorry u guys.. None of us should have to go through this.. The bad part also is that now we cant trust the only conection to the Dinan Chip for the legends...:(

·
Registered
397 Posts
I read some of the threads too, and all I was thinking was, somebody knows where this guy is. Time to LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN!!! on his candy A$$!

B!+c# betta have my MONEY!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.