Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my '95 L model to Acura today. They did a thorough test and found 160PM hydrocarbon in radiator fluid. Turned out that my radiator seam (top) has a small leak. This probably contributed to BHG. However, car is still driveable. For $92.00 they also washed and vacuum my car. Probably felt sorry for my azz. The darn thing looks so bright and shiny.

Tomorrow I am replacing the radiator. Has anyone use any chemical to add to radiator to fix small head gasket leaks? There is a chemical at Autozone that is supposed to seal head gasket leaks.

· Registered
114 Posts
What chemical are you refering too that autozone has that your going to use on your car? Most head gasket stop leak products don't work on our vehicles due to the combustion chamber pressurizing our coolant systems. Now on other cars its the opposite way around, and coolant is usually leaking into the combustion chamber and this is why the head gasket leak will work on most cars besides ours. Its easier said than done, just replace the head gaskets yourself and you won't have to worry about the car overheating again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.