Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read the about using RL calipers thread and it got me thinking. if the only thing we need is a block to use the RL caliper...why dont we try for other calipers that are better. IE-porsche caliper and such. all we need is a block with the right distance between bolts and caliper clearence

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/new-acura-rl-front-brake-upgrade-109173/

eBay Motors: (PAIR) *NEW* CALIPERS BRAKE BIG RED PORSCHE 911 993 944 (item 370043653173 end time Apr-24-08 13:04:33 PDT)
(not OEM)

G

·
Why not just get NSX big brake kits? I've been looking into that. Since we can use NSX calipers, shouldn't complete NSX setups work on our cars? If so 895 shipped is my next BBK.

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not just get NSX big brake kits? I've been looking into that. Since we can use NSX calipers, shouldn't complete NSX setups work on our cars? If so 895 shipped is my next BBK.
you might be right about this.
let me look more into. there has to be a reason why nsx bbk wont work...or jus simply never looked into.

and where did u see bbk for 900??

G

·
It was a used NSX BBK. I'm pretty sure I would be right about the front brake setup. I forget if we use the bracket from the NSX calipers or our own when bolting it up. But I'm sure it would work.

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,239 Posts
height? wont the new brackets take care of that. the hub is the same size no? i recal brian telling me he didn't have to bore his NSX wheels.
Negative - NSX fronts are the same hub diameter, but the rears are smaller than the Legends. My set of 4 NSX rear wheels needed to be bored out, but I would assume a BBK for a 91-93 NSX should fit a Legend assuming you fabbed up your own bracket.

·
Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
NSX and TypeII brackets i believe are the same... both have 28T stamped on them so it leads me to believe even though rotor hat height is different the adjustment has to do with the NSX knuckles

but i believe brian is right... since our knuckles have a different positioning for the caliper brackets to fit our specific rotor hat height... throwing on a NSX rotor will need a custom bracket

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,239 Posts
NSX and TypeII brackets i believe are the same... both have 28T stamped on them so it leads me to believe even though rotor hat height is different the adjustment has to do with the NSX knuckles

but i believe brian is right... since our knuckles have a different positioning for the caliper brackets to fit our specific rotor hat height... throwing on a NSX rotor will need a custom bracket
Unless you wanted to source a shorter hat and pair it with an NSX rotor BBK upgrade...at which point, you might as well upgrade the entire thing for the cost and get a better caliper/rotor combo made specifically for us. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.