Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people,

i just installed my shocks and springs today....

3 out of the 4 drop looks really nice but one didnt drop...still have a 4inch gap...

does anybody know what the problem is???? plus now my antilock lcd light comes on too....

Please respond asap..... thanks legend brothers and sisters...

mikey

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a coupe....

its eibach and koni red............i dont really know about the perch thing...cuz i wasnt the person who installed it....and i didnt watch them do it...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
for the ABS light- Pull the ABS fuses (4 or 5 of them) under the hood for a minute or so then replace. See what happens. As for ride height. take it back and tell tha man " Hey look pal, this (insert favorite 4 letter word here - combine a few for better results) is not right!!!! Look at it!!! I'm not leaving until it's right!!!! I know people!!!!! Where's the manager??!!!" Use plenty of hand motion and stern finger pointing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mike,

I think the perch is upside down or it was not set to the same level as the rest. To check the spring, just look underneath at the spring and find "eibach" thats printed on the spring. It the label is upside down, then the spring is upside down.

·
Registered
996 Posts
CODY690 said:
upside down spring
If you can't tell which way is up, you should not be installing springs. I really don't understand how ANYONE can confuse top and bottom. It just bugs me when I see things like this (if that's really the problem).

Now the spring perch upside-down is much easier to swallow, since it fits nicely both ways ... however, the picture in the shop manual is pretty clear on this as well. One more reason to either get the HELM, or use only Honda/Acura techs.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
which assembly? front, rear, driver's side, etc.

it very easy to get the perch setting messed up. we'll need more info.
-j

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
ScotcH said:

If you can't tell which way is up, you should not be installing springs. I really don't understand how ANYONE can confuse top and bottom. It just bugs me when I see things like this (if that's really the problem).

Now the spring perch upside-down is much easier to swallow, since it fits nicely both ways ... however, the picture in the shop manual is pretty clear on this as well. One more reason to either get the HELM, or use only Honda/Acura techs.
d a m n slim calm down. he just dais that he did not install them and he wasn't there for the install so he doesn't know what hes looking for. it's not that serious.

breath and count with me

3...2...1 1...2...3, what the f*ck is bothering me.

1 *inhale* 1, 2 *Inhale*2 , 3 *inhale* 3, 4...BREATH EASY

·
Registered
996 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
d a m n slim calm down. he just dais that he did not install them and he wasn't there for the install so he doesn't know what hes looking for. it's not that serious.
Dude ... I wasn't harpin' on BullDog. I was harpin' on the incompetent installers. If they actually installed them upside-down, how the hell did they get a mech certification in the first place? Do you really think I would slam a fellow legend owner :D

Anytime you do a job yourself, you're learning, and that's great. All I'm saying is that if you DIY, be prepared (manual, tools, information, etc.). And if you're a mechanic, you really have no right to screw up something so simple, since people rely on your expertise! Now if you were installing AWD into a Legend, then I would understand the potential for a screw-up ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hey guys,

they reinstalled my front shocks and spings... now my front is fine...but guess wat happen....remember i told u guys my antilock brake light was coming on.... the shop told me the abs censure is busted...the f*ck shop is blaming it on my car. Saying my car is old. I know , the shop busted it when they were installing my suspension and now they're blaming me. It going to cost me a extra $125. Ill so piss ... wat makes me extra piss, when i went to pick up my car.... my car wasnt in the shop.... it was parking two blocks away..... not a good day.....

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
sounds suspicious that there was no prob with the ABS when you took it in, but now they are saying its fried....

However, they are a common problem with legends (especially those exposed to hard winters). I've had to replace both my rear ABS sensors on my 91.

Just some food for thought.....

·
2,873 Posts
**** what shop did you take it to?

91BullDog said:
hey guys,

they reinstalled my front shocks and spings... now my front is fine...but guess wat happen....remember i told u guys my antilock brake light was coming on.... the shop told me the abs censure is busted...the f*ck shop is blaming it on my car. Saying my car is old. I know , the shop busted it when they were installing my suspension and now they're blaming me. It going to cost me a extra $125. Ill so piss ... wat makes me extra piss, when i went to pick up my car.... my car wasnt in the shop.... it was parking two blocks away..... not a good day.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.