Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
big question! help

help!

i just read in a thread that you need to pay attention to not so smooth shifts from first to second...mine doesnt exactly shift as smooth as it would from second to thrid, what does that mean?

i thought it was just the sporty feel of the type 2 engine

· Registered
2,473 Posts
Well..it depends how severe the shift is. If the shift from first to second is hard, and you also hear metal clinging against each other, then that's bad. This means your rear transmission mount is probably broken.

Also, make sure you use Honda ATF fluid only. It's proven to be probably the best fluid for our auto tranny. Now only is the shift smoother, it's also more expensive :D

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSteg said:
Well..it depends how severe the shift is. If the shift from first to second is hard, and you also hear metal clinging against each other, then that's bad. This means your rear transmission mount is probably broken.

Also, make sure you use Honda ATF fluid only. It's proven to be probably the best fluid for our auto tranny. Now only is the shift smoother, it's also more expensive :D
well theres no clanging or anything and its not a super rough shift, just a lil more of a kick than say 2nd to 3rd.

· dealer-opted track pack
3,469 Posts
GSteg said:
I've felt shifts that were smoother from 1st to 2nd, as if it was going from 2nd to 3rd and so on forth. Are you using Honda ATF?
Was that my coupe? :)

What's up with your next car?
You should buy a coupe.
Keep me posted.

k.h.

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so does anyone know what that means when theres a harder shift from 1st to 2nd....like i said its not horrible but it's a little bit more noticable then as it would be from 2nd to 3rd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.