Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is my goal. I wanted the interior housing of the headlamp to be black, like the BMW and the new housings that the Honda's have. Does anyone know if and how you can open up the headlamp assembly??

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
do a search for headlight. a couple of us have done that. just take the tabs out and heat the glue. should come off easily. then use epoxy or a strong glue to put it back.
-j

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You said that a couple of you have done it already. Do you have pictures? I couldn't find anything when I did a search.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

Dang, what the?:confused: :confused: :confused:

EDIT: Fixed...Something happened when I just changed up the order/sections of the forum two days ago that turned some of the IMG Codes off for random forums..I have no idea why...All better now:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, the headlights look hot. I think that I am going to give this a try. I wanted to spray the front headlights with that model tint spraypaint but than I won't be able to see as well from the headlights. I will have to rely only So, oven or heat gun. Can I use a soldering iron? Will that be too hot? I don't want to mess up my headlights. Where can I pick up a heat gun??

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
carlos_cet said:
Wow, the headlights look hot. I think that I am going to give this a try. I wanted to spray the front headlights with that model tint spraypaint but than I won't be able to see as well from the headlights. I will have to rely only So, oven or heat gun. Can I use a soldering iron? Will that be too hot? I don't want to mess up my headlights. Where can I pick up a heat gun??
walmart, techni-tool, www.mcmelectronics.com for the heat gun

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Leon Millette said:
Thank you MAtt, this place is getting all nice and cozy.

BTW, OT...When are you going to do the HID GB
Well, my contact ended up being a bogus one. He told me he worked with Helicot Trading Company. Then I talked to the owner of HTC(goes by "CowCow" on the Philips Lighting forums) and he said that they don't have a representative in Canada, which is where the fake told me he was located.

I am currently looking for another distrubutor, so I can sell these online...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts