Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
4cruizn said:
Not if I can help it. Gonna look for a cheap 4-banger Prelude probably. I'm paranoid about Legend cooling systems now. :(
I feel ya. That's a big blow from a car so gorgeous. I guess that's the only thing to worr about when buying these cars.

Now tell me something, does a bhg come from mileage or age?

·
Faster than yo Legend son
1,041 Posts
mmaaaaan slap a another engine in that thing and let it roll, keep it. it must have been leaking for a while being it went out so fast.

When mines went out I believe it was from when they stole my car and they dogged it while they had it. car wasn't gone but a week.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Are you sure you don't want to seek a second opinion on the warped or cracked head that was diagnosed by that shop? It seems odd that the head would be warped or cracked (unless it was overheating for a long time). Going by what you posted, you did not let it overheat for long.

Just my .02

·
Road Trip King
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
smth_hckr said:
Are you sure you don't want to seek a second opinion
The guy said he had a 2nd gen coupe in the shop about a month ago, with the exact same problem. They put in a new radiator and the kid was back within a week with the same symptoms. I don't know where else I'd take it to have it looked at -- definitely not going to go dump $60/hour at the Honda dealer just so they can tell me it needs a rebuild. The shop that looked at it said they did a "dye test" and did, in fact, verify that coolant was present in exhaust gases. I'm half-tempted to just have them throw a radiator in and see how long it lasts. I have been able to drive it everyday. Some days it will heat up, others it won't. I just have no means financially to start troubleshooting.

·
Faster than yo Legend son
1,041 Posts
spend a $1G on a engine if you don't have a type two maybe you can find one of those. see those places not certifed to mess with acura are some of the reason it messes up they don't know how to get the air out the radiator like the dealer or acura honda specailst, I had that problem.

·
Banned
618 Posts
I would definitely take that off your hands. i really would. i'm thinking about it.. I got your info.. ! mauahahhahhaha ! i dunno let me see what i can come up with. Thats a sweet legend too. ! hmmmmmmmmmmm.!
How much for a new motor?

·
Banned
618 Posts
ouch...!!!!! u think if i bought his car and stripped it and sold parts i would break even, and maybe make a little more? :confused:

·
Road Trip King
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chauffeur First said:
Hey Tyson I called u no answer
Call you back in a sec. I'm in the computer lab at school and can't answer my phone. I was looking at engines on Ebay... There are a couple of JDM ones with ~60k miles for like $675 plus shipping... That might be my best bet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.