Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes, I have been a lurker here for about 4 or 5 years now as some of the DIY's (VSS, Blower motor, Clockspring) have saved me a buttload of cash over the last few years. Hats off to you guys. Thank you.

Ok on to the problems. I had my steering column come apart and the shop that put it back together stripped out the bolt and nut that holds on the steering wheel, and my blinkers do not work anymore.

I kept on blowing fuses for awhile and now either of the two do not blow but still no blinkers. As I didnt have the right fuse so instead of using a 15amp, I used a 30. I know it's not good to do but at the time I had to. Could I have blown the hazzard switch? Is there a way to tell if just the hazzard switch blown(bad)?

I tried hooking up a different combo switch and still nothing. I have almost ruled out the hazzard relay as it still makes the clicking noise that it should. Does the hazzard relay control the lights for the blinkers at all, Or just the clicking noise? Is there a fix I could do like the main relay fix if it is?

But the most odd thing about this is when I lock my doors with my astrostart remote the front blinkers still light up, when locking and unlocking.

I bought a cheap tester kit at Walmart last night so that is the next step to test everything, and check all grounds.

Thanks for reading and I hope I described everything as good as possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I found the problem, it was the flasher relay

Can this be fixed. The circuit board on the brown side is a little burned but on the green side is fine and the solder is good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I twisted the wire together and it works now. So I'm gonna use it like this until I get around to replacing it, and to see if maybe its another problem or not. Now I'm off to the hardware store to get a tap kit for the steering wheel bolt.

I hope this thread helps for future reference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts