Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright you guys...I saw the craziest and weirdest thing yesterday and it looked awesome and I was wondering if anybody knew how it is done???

I passed a parked viper on the side of the road, nobody in it, at night time. And when I looked in my rearview mirror, I saw something that looked like eyes (really) just blinking on and off. It wasn't the headlights themselves flickering because it wasn't bright like that, it was kind of an amber or other similar color and I swear it looked like eyes just blinking from the headlights. The car was off, and it just looked so AWESOME!!!

How the hell do you do this????????????????? I really want to know. I'm going to see if I can find the Viper again tonight if it is parked in same place and take a closer look, but I know I was not tripping and it looked like Cat eyes at night!!!!!! :eek:

HOW IS THIS DONE?????????

I think this would look vicious on a legend at night and something to look into, if anybody knows what the hell it is????

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've seen a few cars around Oakland with the alarm LEDs mounted in their tail-lights and/or head-lights.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it did not look like the normal alarm led's tho...it looked like blinking eyes, real spooky looking. open and shut open and shut, with amber color that looked like a freakin' cat!!

it could be part of his alarm, but i know it's not a standard thing, gotta be more to it than that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Maybe they were city-lights....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
katonk said:
Maybe they were city-lights....
City lights? No, I don't think so. It was the car itself. My friend was with me and he saw it too, and I broke my neck staring at it, just to make sure I wasn't imagining it. It is real hard to explain but it looked really tight, like the car was alive!!! Somebody has gotta know what this is???

·
Registered
345 Posts
these are led lights that come in different colors. They are drilled into the head light assembly or side markers or tail lights. Since there is a metalic back round on the headlights you probably see a brighter look on the small led light.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brooklyn legend said:
these are led lights that come in different colors. They are drilled into the head light assembly or side markers or tail lights. Since there is a metalic back round on the headlights you probably see a brighter look on the small led light.
That sounds interesting...where can I find more information about that? Like where to get it, etc..

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
you can ask your local alarm installer. I know here in ny you can go to almost any radio alarm shop and they know how to install. You can also buy them in canal st in the little shops that sell all the ricer stuff.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brooklyn legend said:
you can ask your local alarm installer. I know here in ny you can go to almost any radio alarm shop and they know how to install. You can also buy them in canal st in the little shops that sell all the ricer stuff.
haha, ricer stuff...i ain't into all that ricer crap...but this looked like something that was just different and tight looking, especially on viper, and i think the way the front end of the legends look, i think it's worth looking into...i'm gonna check on that this weekend and let y'all know...not sure if i'm gonna get it, but i'm gonna look into it and find out costs, installation, types, etc.

thanks for the info :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts