Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last week my legend had a ruff week, we found out that she's got a blown headgasket, now smoke's pourin out of the exhaust n u can see it seapin' from the head itself.. homeboy said it would be like 1500 hun to fix just cause its an "acura" but i know it can be done for cheaper than that, but a type II swap is also floatin in my head.. does the type II fit up in the 92 coupe engine bay? also.. know this has been mad discussed, but auto to manual? lemme know.. i do not want to get rid of my legend, but unless i figure somethin out, another one bites the dust :(

anthony
-92 ls coupe
worlds loudest legend :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I notice quite a few people with Type-I engins report blown head gaskets, but my old Type-I went 170K with out a problem... Is it common for Type-II to go out too? --=Keith

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think it's a direct swap, well trans too.... but from what i could remember, just swap out engine, trannie, and ECU right? --=Keith

·
Registered
19 Posts
Blown head gasget

I was told yesterday my 95 Acura Legend has a blown head gasket (temp guage is bouncing around)...has anyone tried that head gasket sealer you see advertised on here? The car only has 120k miles on it.

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,307 Posts
dont try the head gasket sealer will cause i bigger mess later i am told... i would find a 3.5 block and do a type 2 setup from there since its gonna cost u 1500 to fix the blown head gasket from what i am hearing u wont have this problem with that :thumbsup: let us know what u decide on doin

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
haha...if u get a type 2 it would be smart to change the head gasket on that one as well before u put it in. u dont know what kinda shape its in. either way u cant cop out of changing the head gasket...it would have to be done either way. atleast that would be the smart thing to do. good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am thinking my head gasket blew or something along those lines but not for sure. I can't seem to get a male to help me out with my problems. My 94 legend ls coupe was reading hot & than after few min. of driving it would read normal on the therm. I decided to do a radiator flush & the car seemed to be back to normal for a few days at least.. than when I was backing out of the driveway I heard a pop(did not think anything of it at the time) than when I was at a stop the car felt like it was going to die or run out of gas(yes, gas was in it) I noticed smoke out the back that looked like cigerette smoke & a distinctive sweet smell. I drove about 2 miles to park it & have not touched it since. I checked the oil but it doesn't seem outta the ordinary & I noticed the cover for the timing belt looks like there is a crack in it maybe.. PLEASE HELP! I only know min. about cars and not men will take time to help me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was told yesterday my 95 Acura Legend has a blown head gasket (temp guage is bouncing around)...has anyone tried that head gasket sealer you see advertised on here? The car only has 120k miles on it.
I did the blue devil sealant and it's been over a year and no overheating and no problems. I would only use it as a temp fix until you swap for a 3.5 (the least likely to ever get a BHG between the Type I, Type II, or 3.5) I didn't put my thermostat back in.
I have also changed my water pump and timing belt and no not because of the BD but because they were never done on my 260,xxx mile car or were done so long ago that it was needed. I can vouch for BD if you use half the bottle as that's all that's needed for our cars and follow the directions to a T you will be good to go. But once again...I would only make this a temporarily fix for a 12-18 month period.

my headgasket blown too it will be bette off changein the engine
I agree. So BD for $60 until you find and prep your 3.5 for the swap. Oh, and until you get your hybrid bracket made. :D

Ok, I'm pissed I just notice how old this thread is. SMDH!!!!! MAJOR FAIL!!!

·
Another 3.5er
609 Posts
Bd can be a bandaid. but when u do decide to replace the motor your gonna have to replace your heater core, radiator and all hoses do to the fact that bd will clog them up and leave a slime in there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.