Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't wanna get anyone's hopes up here but i am talkin to a retailer in japan who says he can get the blue tinted windows for the KA8.
i am not setting up a group buy right now becuase of all the problems everyone is facing with importing $hit from japan.
so this is what i'm goin to do, i am goin to buy 3 sets with my own money to see if it's legit. i will be selling the other 2 sets when they arrive.
are there any takers for these sets? if not i will just order 1 for myself.
now the price. i was quoted 16,500Yen for the pair. it might be the whole mirror assembly, it might just be the mirror. i don't know. the freight charges are undetermined right now. so with the conversion it'll be around 165 plus shipping. anyone interested? i will close this thread in 3 days. if there are more than 2 people interested, legendary legendz members will have first pick. if there are more, it'll have to be the second shipment.

-j

·
Registered
702 Posts
it's a good idea...but i don't think a group buy would have a good turnout because of legal issues...most states it is illegal as hell to have colored tints...barely legal and many restrictions on normal tint...so colors may get you messed with more...i'd love to have a color, but i think it would cause more problems for me in the long run in my area

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaTimez420 said:
it's a good idea...but i don't think a group buy would have a good turnout because of legal issues...most states it is illegal as hell to have colored tints...barely legal and many restrictions on normal tint...so colors may get you messed with more...i'd love to have a color, but i think it would cause more problems for me in the long run in my area
well i figure most new german cars now come with blue tinted mirrors. so i wouldn't mind having them as well.
-j

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
aiznpride said:
so with the conversion it'll be around 165 plus shipping. anyone interested? i will close this thread in 3 days. if there are more than 2 people interested, legendary legendz members will have first pick. if there are more, it'll have to be the second shipment. -j
The $165 price is for the entire driver's and passenger side mirror assembly? If that's the case, wouldn't we need to colormatch the mirror assembly to the car? Would that cost extra? OR is this just the mirror and the wiring for the power mirrors ? or what?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from the pic it looks like the whole mirror assembly. otherwise they would not be specific to KA8. i'll keep you posted. i'll know alot more once it arrives and i have them in my hands.
-j

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
Tinted Mirrors

Blue tinted mirror glasses, oh god. Yes, now, I have these nice stuffs and even mounted. Got this 4 weeks ago. The delivery time was approx. 3 month !!! Fits well and works well too !!! Loooks great...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Tinted Mirrors

MikeD said:
Blue tinted mirror glasses, oh god. Yes, now, I have these nice stuffs and even mounted. Got this 4 weeks ago. The delivery time was approx. 3 month !!! Fits well and works well too !!! Loooks great...
hey mike, so you did get em. did you get them from Kazu? how did you get them to ship it to you? can you take some pics? you can email them to me if you want. thanx man.
-j

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
aiznpride said:

well i figure most new german cars now come with blue tinted mirrors. so i wouldn't mind having them as well.
-j
Oh no! German Legends doesn´t have blue tinted mirrors from factory - ONLY JDM Legends !!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeD said:

Oh no! German Legends doesn´t have blue tinted mirrors from factory - ONLY JDM Legends !!!

Mike
really? i thought all bmw's and benz's had blue mirrors.
anyways, where did you get your blue mirrors?
-j

1 - 12 of 12 Posts