Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... i havent had my 89 5 spd 2dr legend for to long. My buddy has an 86 BMW 325es , and it seems pretty freakin fast. I know i under-estimate my legend. (my bad) but im not sure how i will compete. He takes out his back seat for less weight (his cars stripped) LoL, i think hes in the lower 130's or upper 120's in Horse, and around 180 in trq maybe? Not sure the exact specs. but im curious to see what you guys think. could i kick his a**??? his is rear-wheel drive, its a 5spd too. and neither of us have done many mods, ive got a full stromung exhaust... thas about it. we both have low-pro tires. Im sure i would take him in slick roads cus he slides around a lot. but from the line.. how do u think my car would do? Im pretty interested. And a question ive been thinking. (i think this is a dumb question) my uncle just got a 02' BMW 540I , its big, but fast, he'd kill me right? LoL and his wife got a 02' (i think it is a...) 330ci drop-top . im pretty sure it has the 3.0L inline6. whats some high-end competiton that would be fun? Civics, Integras are borring

ALSO! one more question. Hah, my dad and i have this on-going discussion about my moms 01' Isuzu Vehicross . Its awesome!!! its got about 215horse and about 230torque i think. not to heavy (besides the chrome 18's =) so yah, moms is a 4spd auto. but its pretty quick. Eclipse GT's are nothin to her car, and I can usually keep up with Mustang's w/ V8's in 'em. Anyway what do u guys think? am i totally underestimating my car or what? :confused: Sorry for the long post!!!

-bryan

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Hmm, I think the 325es would be an Interesting race, while it's rated at lower HP, the 0-60 - 1/4 times seem just a tad higher than the G1 Legend's I suspect it would be close because of weight differences.

I don't think you have a very good chance with those '02 BMWs, the 330 has a 0-60 in about 5.9-6seconds. The G1 if I recall was around 7.5-8.5 secs.

Not sure about that Isuzu. Expect to hear Mr.Bigs chew you out soon.. lol ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Give it a try... Tell us how it went !!! You could sure give him a good run for his money anyways!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
well the 90 325i has 168HP and 164torque. and its 2800 lbs, so about 300 lbs lighter. Im thinking the BMW will have a slight edge since its stil a 5spd like yours. That would be a very close race, good luck and tell us how it went! Be safe

·
Registered
386 Posts
Here's the deal

First off I want to say it is nice to hear that someone believes in their G1 Legend and their driving skillz. Now as for the BMWs if you are going to have a 1/4 mile race than you may win against the older model but barely, Legends aren't know for having great torque numbers but, if you are talking about a ballz to the wall run than my money would most definitely be on the g1 during both races. You see guys Legends don't have alot of torque and they were not really meant to be 1/4 mile cars. If I'm not mistaken the G1 Legends torque peaks at 5900 rpms which means as a flat out runner and with quick and percise shifting you will out-run both Bimmers because they tend to fade out at the higher end of the rev range where as the Legend is quite happy and wouldn't mind being there all day if necessary. As for the 1/4 mile runs against both bimmers the older model you've got a good chance of pulling out down the home stretch but the newer model I wouldn't chance it. There 0-60 times are in 5 second range while a g1 legend 0-60 time is in the 7 second range which means with every shift he will still be ahead of you. Now if you are running flat out than honestly I don't think either bimmer will win against a g1 legend though you will edge them out by a small margin but, like someone once said it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.

·
Registered
386 Posts
One more thing

When you race this guy if I were you I would not let him take anything out of his car for example if you are racing with your back seat still in your car during the race than so should he. If he claims his car is all that and a bag of chips why give him an advantage of removing parts off his car, your helping him to win. As for the 540 bmw. DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK stick with the 3 series you'll do much better in that catagory.:)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, thanks u guys. ill keep u posted
peace
-bryan

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ah... Mr.Bigs.... A quote from "The Fast and the Furious"... BEST show EVER !!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would anyone like to race Vin Diesel in his Dodge Charger? I'd like to race him!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'd be happy just to MEET him !!! Lucky bastard... Got to drive a whole lot of nice cars in that show !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts