Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever raced a BMW 328? I know they are quick but I am not sure about how they compare to a 93 6-speed l model. This guy in the neighborhood has a 1996 328is. He has a chip and an air filter. What do you think?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ha ha, this is interesting. I have a 93 L Coupe sixspeed, and my best friend has a 96 328is 5speed with exhaust, chip, and intake. His car is a lot faster than mine. I have RM intake, Remus exhaust, Bayou chip, and Venom 400 (complete and total BS mod for manual tranny legends in my opinion). I can kinda keep up sometimes, but unless he gets a bad start, he wins. My car is too heavy to take him off the line. We have never tried a high speed comparison, but his car seems to pull harder than mine at highway speeds anyway.

My car:

His car:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that sure is quite interesting. I gather that he would probably smoke me then because I am all stock. Did your mods help you a significant amount? I would like to do to my legend pretty much what you did to yours. I would like to get a cai, a remus exhaust and a bayou chip. What is your intake like? Is it like a short ram in the engine bay or is it an exterior cai? Have you got the stage 2 chip? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The intake helped the most. The exhaust helped a lot too. The chip is a stage 2 and it has helped some, but I would do intake and exhaust first.

here is a pic of the intake:

Its definately not cold air. I might try a CAI though. I am kinda want to get suspension, new wheels, paint the moldings...etc etc though too, so I will probably stay with the RM racing intake for a while.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
We have never tried a high speed comparison, but his car seems to pull harder than mine at highway speeds anyway.
Hmmm.. interesting. My friend has 99 M3 5-speed. We are very close at high speeds. He has CAI and mine was all stock when I raced him. You saying his car's faster than his car?

·
Registered
386 Posts
HERES THE DILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

A legend VS. a 328i. From 0-60 the legends gonna lose the 328i has more low end grunt. In the quarter mile the legend is gonna lose the 328i has more low end grunt and its shift points come sooner than in the legend. An all out ballz to the wallz run. From begining to midway the 328i is the champ but from midway to top-end the legend is gonna edge it out. To all of you legend owners out there I urge you to find your cars shift points that is the area that gives you the most power and torque. You will be amazed at what your car can do once you have learned, mastered, and do this everytime you race. Just don't think you can out-run everything on four wheels. Choose your battles wisely. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
m3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** foo thats a m3 those ***ers run and run and run and guess wads the hp i dont even imagin:confused:

·
Registered
701 Posts
If u get a roilling start....

U might beat the 328

I know I dusted one from a rolling start & mines an auto (by a hair's width tho) Just lucky I think

BTW Im all stock except my 17" rims

1 - 9 of 9 Posts