Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, any downsides to the M3, besides higher prices? How's the handling? Steering.. etc.. I know RAW power output is good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
downsides... u can get a AMG for the same price :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
bad ass cars

being a bmw technician i have driven probably fifteen m3s including one yesterday. all around great cars but the price is steep.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha, that pretty much settles it. BMW M3 is a good car. Don't like the looks though, except for the Convertible Edition.

How about the 325/328s ?

·
Creeper
1,475 Posts
well itd be better if it was a legend

·
Pend¡ng
1,017 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Just out of curiousity, any downsides to the M3, besides higher prices? How's the handling? Steering.. etc.. I know RAW power output is good.
The M3 is an amazing car. I've driven my dad's E36 5MT and it handles and steers great. It does do terrible in heavy rain or snow with performance tires, though. Actually, before he got his '95, he was considering a '95 Red/Tan Six Speed Legend coupe. That would have been a good way to go as well (and about 9K cheaper), but the M3 has still been a good choice.

·
Fighting Irish
634 Posts
BMWs aren't known for their reliability.

·
Registered
959 Posts
they are very nice cars, and thier fast. i dont know about reability, but my uncle drives one and its one fast car. downside=price, man thier expensive and expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wait a second

Perzian You had a m3? Why would you sell such a great car? and why so cheap? Man 21k !!!! That is like a deal of the century.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Do you sell cars for a living or something?

Man if you can sell a 02 m3 for 21k. You think you could hook me up with a rsx-s for 11k?

·
Registered
31 Posts
??
93typeII, would you comment on the reliability of the M3 and the M5 for that matter, i would like to hear your frm a BMW expert,
and on another note, i dont thinkyou can get AMG product with manual trans...?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Also could someone refresh us on the 02 production dates for potentially blown engine? I know it was something like before November 02 and anything after that was supposed to be fixed. Also, I'd really like to hear from a BMW tech about the V8 in the 5 series. I know the I6 is a pretty proven engine, but I keep hearing mix reliability stories on the V8 in the 540 and such. That really is one of the main reasons why I an so affraid to buy another BMW. If not, I probably would try and buy a 540iA. (I need the automatic so the wife can drive) or an SMG M3.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
sammu said:

and on another note, i dont thinkyou can get AMG product with manual trans...?
Just curious as to what you mean by AMG? Are you talking about the Mercedes AMG? If so I too believe they are all automatics.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Re: Wait a second

gen2c said:
Perzian You had a m3? Why would you sell such a great car? and why so cheap? Man 21k !!!! That is like a deal of the century.
it wasn't mine. some guy asked if i could sell it on ebay for him, because i'm a powerseller. i charged him 500$

i don't think i'm gonna get into the buy/sell car business...so sorry guys

it was a one time thing, and it sold so fast, that i didn't have time to ask you guys. there are 6 guys emailing me saying they wanna buy it if the guy backs out

·
Registered
996 Posts
They sure make great race cars! Handling out of the box is amazing compared to the Legend (and most cars out there), and a 3K suspension upgrade makes it almost unbeatable. My 325 is very similar (with the suspension upgrade) but the power is obviously less ... the engine sure is bullet proof though.

If you're looking to compare it to a legend in luxury and quality, then th M3/325/328 are severely lacking ... the interior is crap, falls apart, lots of little problems. However, since in a race car you don't need an interior anyway, that's no concern to me!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice cars, fun as hell (my 2nd favorite car I've driven second only to a F355) If you're looking at one just be sure you can verify the maintenance history. Correcting major problems will cost major $$$$$$. It almost makes out Legends look cheap to maintain :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts