Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Just thought I would shed some light on this new project I am doing. This week I am going to install BMW X5 Projectors into my headlamps.

Most people have no idea that just the Projectors in projector headlights determine the entire beam pattern. It has nothing to do with other internal parts(reflectors, etc.) that you see. My point is that with projectors mounted into my housings, I will finally have the wide factory HID beam pattern and blue color I have wanted for the longest time...And maybe once I show you my results, some others may do projectors.

Here are some pics of the uninstalled X5 projectors.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hehe keep the updates coming... Looks like u know what u are doing. Keep up the good work! I just decided not to do it cuz i thought it wasnt worth it... gonna save up for a used 2001 Audi s4 with oem hids once i graduate.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I like! I have been looking for somthing to do to my headlights. I do like the M5 lights. Are you doing high beams and low? Are these the ones with the light ring around them? What kind of $$$ are we looking at here? I have been thinking of the mercedes projectors. I like how they look like gun barrels pointing out! Could this same thing be done with the Mercedes lights?
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
614 Posts
the only money that is involved is buying the projector, some cheap materials here and there, and lots and lots of time... friend got his audi tt headlight housing for 400 i believe. This includes bulbs and ballast.

G

·
I have a friend that did this on his Nissan Maxima, it was more just a lot of work than anything. He changed out the whole headlight housing though for a 1995 BMW M3 one, but it was still one that was intended for halogens so he had to modify it. Here's a pic of the finished work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sleeprlegendcp said:
I like! I have been looking for somthing to do to my headlights. I do like the M5 lights. Are you doing high beams and low? Are these the ones with the light ring around them? What kind of $$$ are we looking at here? I have been thinking of the mercedes projectors. I like how they look like gun barrels pointing out! Could this same thing be done with the Mercedes lights?
Later!
Lee
I'm just doing the lowbeam part. Nope, they don't hvae the rings around them. It may be possible with the mercedes projectors...Show me the ones you are talking about...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leon. Check you private Messages..:)

G

·
If you can make that guide that we were talking about I thinmk that you will be everyone's savior :D. I know that there are tons of people that have wanted to do this, but if any of them are like me, I just have no idea where I would even start. Thanks bro.

G

·
New 2003 caddies have projectors... almost any 2003 car above 30K has them.. I WANT THEM! I like the STS projectors..:D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sounds like a trailblazing idea

How can you insure that the projecter will be mounted inside the G2 headlight housing at the correct angels or are U just going to wing it?

Just curious as to how you will go about cutting the rear of the headlight assembly and or if you intend to do it from the front since you already have the headlight unit apart.

Keep me on for list for when this project is finished
Im sure on the 1st one there will be a learning curve
and any mistakes u make on one side you can correct when doing the second side.

Regards, James

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
UPDATE!!:)

I finally got my headlights back today from the guy who couldn't install them... I removed the glass and it looks better than I thought. I think I will like it better than with the glass...Here is a link to a huge version of the pic you see showing the difference...May take a while to load...Pic(s) don't do justice for how good it looks....The one on the right is without the glass.

Be patient everyone....I will hopefully get it finished by this week....Cya.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pa15a152b0788d94cb1f3ef073d4b65ac/fdf43880.jpg.orig.jpg

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Projectors!?!?!?!?

Did you go to the dealer to get those projectors???What other projectors are good??!?!?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Projectors!?!?!?!?

Legend"11 said:
Did you go to the dealer to get those projectors???What other projectors are good??!?!?
I bought them from a guy from these BMW forums for $550 w/shipping which is a rare buy...Audi, BMW, some mercedes and others use some good projectors...The Audi TT's projectors are weak though....don't get em...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Re: Projectors!?!?!?!?

92legend said:

The Audi TT's projectors are weak though....don't get em...
Yea the ones on my friends accord are pretty weak compared to my hid kit from autolamps.. dont get them.. if it were me i would use the eurospec audi s4 projectors.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
What Are the Best Projectors to get?!?!?

Which are the best? How much? Thanks

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Legend95, is your friends accord a white coupe? Are the first letters of the two words of his AOL IM name S.F.?<---didn't wanna give his AOL IM name out.

Here is an HID FAQ site with pics of cars retroed with OEM HID Projectors.... http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-with-retroed-oem-projectors.htm

Legend"11, here is a link telling about the different projectors from different cars.... http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-oem-hid.htm HID Projectors are always better than HID reflectors...I personally love the X5 beam pattern....X5, M5, S2000 are what I have heard are the best projectors....

·
Registered
614 Posts
92legend said:
Legend95, is your friends accord a white coupe? Are the first letters of the two words of his AOL IM name S.F.?<---didn't wanna give his AOL IM name out.
Yes, thats him..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts