Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... as a few of you know my sons been racing for 4 yrs. now & here's my daughters bike b4 putting it together (will do so later today - still need to go get chain, grips, chainring bolts & a brake & lever - the stuff you can pick up locally!) - painted myself (is my sons last formula frame which was black) !!!

& here's 2 vids of my son (1st one on the formula now pink above, 2nd one older vid on his redline)

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
it sounds like youve got a future olympiad on your hands then =)

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha ... thanks bro right about now i'd say he's an above mid level rider but not quite a top rider yet. lots of kids peak at 7,8 & 9 yrs old & others not until they are anywhere from 11-14. the fastest 10 expert in the usa is from stockton too & is a friend. also the fastest 9 yr. old girl in the usa is from manteca (10 min. away) & is one of my sons good friends as is her dad of mine. & a top national contender in the 15x class (pulls consecutive 1st thru 4ths at nationals w/brackets of 40+riders) - he & his dad are very good friends & right here from stockton too.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
i used to ride aba at the sycamore track in simi valley, back until i turned 16 and stopped wanting to pay to ride. so i switched to street and picked up a sponsorship.

of course i've recently grown into downhill and am seein where that can take me. although i'm still a complete novice at it.

glad to see the kids getting into something so positive. keep up the good work.

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
dang. i just spent about 3 summers in a row (jr high) making jumps around my neighborhood in lots graded for construction but not trenched or framed. good times but i didnt set any records =/

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
your kid seems to be pretty nasty on the bike, looks like a nice lil familty you got there.

...still love the sig

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,166 Posts
He's got a wicked holeshot from watching those two vids - why not drop the front sprocket a couple of teeth and see how much further ahead he can pull later on in the race? Seems like he has some strong legs for the most part...

A buddy of mine used to race when we were growing up and he did pretty well. I used to beat him all the time when we'd race but my parents didn't have the $$$ to buy me a race bike so I never found out if I could do it or not. One of the reasons I work so hard now for my kids :)

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
old bump i know but since it's going on right now i thought it'd be cool if any of you can watch it tonight. i think it starts at 9:00 pacific time (nbc). i just think it's pretty cool that my son used to ride with Donny Robinson regularly when he was coming to practice in roseville, ca. mostly in 04' & 05' & for the 1st half of 06' before Donny dedicated himself to all out olympic training. hope we can bring home a gold!!!

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,432 Posts
if you wanna you could probably talk to my dad about BMXing he did it for YEARS AND YEARS, he is hella knowledgable in that situation..

oh and thats some pretty cool stuff!

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you wanna you could probably talk to my dad about BMXing he did it for YEARS AND YEARS, he is hella knowledgable in that situation..

oh and thats some pretty cool stuff!
... hey that's tight that your pops was into it. my sons been doin it since april 04' on a pretty consistent basis, i.e. 2-3 track practices weekly with mixed training exercises done at home and worked with a few pro & former pro coaches each for a few months at a time. he's not the fastest kid but definitely getting consistently faster & more skilled as the years go by. he keeps at it & has no intentions of giving it up and believe me we've seen a lot of kids come & go over the past 4 years! great sport & super fun especially at bigger races & nationals.

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,432 Posts
yeah send my pop a pm and talk him about it, im sure he would love to talk about it and give you guys some tips.. your son looks like he is gonna be FUCKIN awesome when he finally gets to his prime.. tell him to keep at it and not give it up!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts