Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searched many places online and havent been able to find any body kits for my 89 2dr legend any info were to go to find one would be great or if any one is selling one i need a full kit front and back bumper and skirts and does any one have any recomedations on stage 1 clutch kits

·
Registered
220 Posts
clutches

i have searched many places online and havent been able to find any body kits for my 89 2dr legend any info were to go to find one would be great or if any one is selling one i need a full kit front and back bumper and skirts and does any one have any recomedations on stage 1 clutch kits
All I can find are stage 3 on ebay. My clutch fell through (no rebound) a little and I am wondering if it's a hydraulic problem because it happened all of a sudden, or the clutch. :wtf:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I was searching Craigslist last night and saw a white G1 w/a full bodykit on it..i'll see if I can dig up pics and/or the posting...stay tuned. Dunno the name or where he got it tho, but maybe you could contact him and ask...just a thought.

Update: Here's the Craigslist post:
1988 Acura Legend 2Dr V6 5Spd
Wowwww I'm seriously contemplating purchasing that for a parts car... haha

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I'm not feeling the body kit, it makes the G1 look like an integra....kills the look.

yeah, you could buy that G1 for $500 and make $250 back easy on just the body kit on there...
Yeah... plus it doesn't have slots for stock fog lights (which means my CAI won't be getting direct airflow)

But that's my plan exactly.. haha.
Plus I'm in dire need of a 5MT!

·
Registered
604 Posts
if your looking for clutches dont buy from ebay id aimco clutch, brand XTD. or even on the website where they sell XTD brand. stage 2 or 3 they all suck ass. ripp-off, i bought a set back in the day and was a waste, worser than stock. matter of fact they dont know what theyre talking about because the pressure plate was even different and wont even fit on my car so i ended up spending another 200 for a pressure plate and all they did was refunded me 60 for their wrong pressure plate, i paid 310 for the kit and the ceramic clutch dont even bite studdered alot. go for trusted known brands only. good luck on the bodykit or have it custom made but it could run from 1000-1500.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Turns out the problem was I made a high speed shift (80+ mph) coming out of dc on route 50. I sheared off a bolt to a clutch (slave cylinder?) part. I had to drive home (40 miles) in 4th and pretty much could not shift. (it is amazing the speeds 4th will handle). My trusty mechanic replaced the bolt free of charge, but confronted me that it must have be "high-speed shift", and I admitted it was so...lol

:thumbsup:

All I can find are stage 3 on ebay. My clutch fell through (no rebound) a little and I am wondering if it's a hydraulic problem because it happened all of a sudden, or the clutch. :wtf:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.