Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Vader 240SX front bumper for my 93 Sedan (just an L, no GS). I want to save my stock bumper lens because I like having a lighting effect. When I went to my body shop to check out the new bumper, I tried to do a dry fit with the stock bumper light housing, it doesn't seem to fit, it's like 3" too wide. What can I do? On the www.Importfan.com website (GTP international, that's where I bought it from), the "white myst" had bumper lenses (Larry's car). I want to know what did he have to do to retain the bumper lights. Also, I am looking for a place to install the rest of my lighting equipment on the front bumper ( 2 sets of Mad Catz MSX hyperwhite driving lights, 2 30" Street Glow Gold Series Underbody neon rods, as well as some mesh). I need some suggestions of how to bolt all this crap up on to the bumper without killing/cracking the bumper from the excessive weight. Also, I have a set of Ground Control Coilovers, and Koni shocks. My car is sooo freakin low that I am rubbing on the fenders. My Coilovers in the front are set to the highest, and the rear is to the lowest, what is wrong with this picture? Need a lot of help.
Thanks all

If you got any other questions, check out my car at the link below.
Keefe

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Why don't try this bumper instead of the 240SX bumper which will end up being way too low. this probably has the same stylejavascript:MM_openBrWindow('legend01.html','LEGEND01','width=312,height=230');

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I didnt get that link... although, I am looking at the HTML string.. and it looks very familar.. if it's a pic of a black sedan with white mesh, then I know for a fact that HE HAS the exact same bumper as I do (Vader 240SX) but without the bumper signals installed. I would just like to make sure though, so if you can, send me a link. I just want to know if I can find a way to have my clear bumper lights installed onto my new Vader front bumper without any cutting involved. Thanks for the help =) and keep it coming

·
Registered
376 Posts
Actually, that bumper isn't too low. I bought mine from Versus Motorsports (same bumper, same origin) I even have the same flaw under the right fender where the bumper and fender doesnt line up. =) But anyways, i have about a 21/2" drop and i rarely scrape. Those who have seen me at the gatherings know how low my car is. I mainly scrape in the rear.

I'm not sure which bumper len's the "white mist" legend is using, might not even be Legend bumper lights. but a way to get those on would be to just cut out the inner wall of the bumper light area on the bumper. That's what i usually do when I have to install bumper lights on a custom bumper at my shop.

One more suggestion would be to have your body shop fill in at the inner most part of the headlight next to the grill on the passenger side of the bumper. mine shows a lil bit of the bumper support, not very nice =\

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think when I get the car back, I might have to just cut the stock bumper lens with a band saw and cut a 3" chunk off the end without the screw harness, and just shove it into the outer openings of the bumper. I dont think am too worried about the ground clearance. I am more worried about retaining my light setup. I do have one question, what would you prefer to mount the bumper lens to the Vader kit with? Screws? Metal Brackets? Silicone? Any other advice? THANKS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts