Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got bit by the " I need another car" bug again. Its a problem i run into more often than I should, but what can i say, I prefer Quantity over Quality. For those keeping a running total at home, this is vehicle number 5:hide:

Id been looking for something small to build for a while, and I ran across this 91 civic on craigslist for $350. The body is straight and rust free, which is all I really cared about. The motor is blown. Still, I could sell the wheels for $100, the aftermarket head unit for $75 and scrap the car for $225 so I couldn't help but look at the whole deal as a free $50 for me. Yes, I realize that I am insane.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That intake was a piece of work. lol
ROFLMAO. Yes i noticed that as well!! I forgot to mention that. Thats a 3" elbow that will fit very nicely in my other legend. Thats another $30 right there. Liking this car more by the hour.

Actually though, Don't I remember you being pretty familiar with swap options for this car? Or was that someone else? What other junkyard (so b16b is out) options do I have for this car besides a B18?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
you could go h22 but b18 would be better route overall

k20 would fit with some work on the frame I think you have to redo the mounts.

but over all b18c1 but its gonna cost a grip but would be best bet as a drop in.

Im pretty sure you can also drop a doch ZC short block in it but don't quote me on that. is it an auto?

the B20b is good on gas. but only has like 130 hp. and its tall and wouldn't fit under the civic

any d series will fit.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
Make it RWD :rofl:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you could go h22 but b18 would be better route overall

k20 would fit with some work on the frame I think you have to redo the mounts.

but over all b18c1 but its gonna cost a grip but would be best bet as a drop in.

Im pretty sure you can also drop a doch ZC short block in it but don't quote me on that. is it an auto?

the B20b is good on gas. but only has like 130 hp. and its tall and wouldn't fit under the civic

any d series will fit.
Thanks. what did the b18c come in? Which one was in the early integras b18b? I want a V-tech. Just because. My projects are all about total finished cost. Both my legends together cost me less than $5k combined when i was finished, And with $350 in this car, and it needing paint, Im setting first phase limit of $1500. So the deciding factors in motor will really be what my local pick n pull has.

Make it RWD :rofl:
If you look in the sides of pic 2 and 3.. you can see my 87 Tbird with a built 5.0 HO and built AOD trans... I kind of hate that car... I may have to learn to weld just so i can have a 5.0 civic.. Of course this means i will have to take out the front seats and sit in the back seat.. but i can live with that.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The B18C1 is the integra gsr motor with vtec
The B18C5 is the integra type r with vtec
All other B18 are non vtec
The B16A is the civic vtec motor.
Any of these would work.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright guys i checked the Wiki but it is sooo confusing since all the countries are listed together. Locally i've found a few D16A1s for less than $100. Will that mate to the auto transmission i have?

Also there is this ad on craigslist near me... Seems like a hell of a deal, but id still near to get a harness, is that right?

acura swap parts?

·
Renaissance.
3,000 Posts
I'd go JDM B16A1. I do believe that there is a resistor box that you'd have to rewire, as well as add a couple add'l wires. I did this swap about 10 years ago, so please forgive me. Best part of the JDM B16A1 is that the trannys come w/an LSD :)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'd go JDM B16A1. I do believe that there is a resistor box that you'd have to rewire, as well as add a couple add'l wires. I did this swap about 10 years ago, so please forgive me. Best part of the JDM B16A1 is that the trannys come w/an LSD :)
Hehe id like a B16a1 but its all about the price. Where i am at we are in the top 5 lowest cost of living places in the US. So i can score cheap parts from people around here but i simply can't afford JDM stuff.

Just picked up those 2 B18Bs + trans and ECU for $200 total. Come on thats a sweet deal.

We know that part. Who were you talking to?
He was talking to me. I asked about B1 and D1.

·
Registered
459 Posts
what color is this car:rofl: ? nice find. I love the fact that they tried to turn this civic into an hybrid with the extra battery in the front seat:lol:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.